can someone check my tune?

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

mr_ca18det

can someone check my tune?

Post by mr_ca18det »

Ok heres the deal i finally got around to putting my fuel injector clinic 650's and z32 maf on my ca18 i did the injector resize and the maf change and just just want someone to check over my map and see if everything looks correct. mods are manifold secondary butterfly valves removed and blocked off,s15 turbo at 14psi boost,z32 maf,650 injectors, 2.5 inch stock manifold and turbo elbow exhaust,ka24de throttle body manfold is now gasket matched and a front mount, sard fpr and 255 fuel pump . This is just a very rough tune i dont want to waste my time adjusting anything untill i know everything is how it should be i'm not sure on all the injector latency and constant i'm almost positive there wrong cause idle was way rich untill i adjusted it how the map is. Thanks in advance for any feedback and once again i'm a semi noob to the tuning game
Attachments
S.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
bachig24u

Re: can someone check my tune?

Post by bachig24u »

I can't seem to find the VQ map.

did you allow nistune to sync your ecu tune into an existing bin file?
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

the fuel map looks a bit wrong...
and the timing seems to be way too retarded, but it might be just me...

are you sure the injector latency is the one you entered ? the temperature enrichment table is missing, wich can give you bad fueling too since it will either think it's too cold or too hot.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

It seems fuel map is way off at low end.
Timing looks too retarded at anything but low end.

Im guessing you didnt tune k-value and injector latency before modifying the fuel map?
mr_ca18det

Post by mr_ca18det »

I played around with it but could'nt figure it out how exectly do you figure out what it should be set to. This is the first time i've swapped injectors in anything so i'm pretty confused. And i know the timing is way low but i was pretty positive the k value and latency was wrong.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Start with the basics:
- Set latency to your injector defaults (get them from manufacturer, or search, lists are available for common types)
- Empty the fuelmap, so no corrections are present
- Use a conservative base map for timing

Then start the engine and only allow for low load to medium load. Tune the K constant so you get decent stochio across the low to medium load and rpms. If low load is still bad you might need to change the latency, but if you use manufacturer specifications then this should not be necessary...

Only after you get this right you can start modifying the fuelmap, enriching the transition area, high load, high rpms.
mr_ca18det

Post by mr_ca18det »

The latency for my injectors is .54 at 14 volts so does that mean 540 in the latency setting?
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Yes, .54 is the same as 0.540ms or 540us (microseconds).

And since nistune wants the number in microseconds, you need to enter 540 in the box. Guess that would help your fuel map in the lower region alot!
mr_ca18det

Post by mr_ca18det »

Everytime i set it to .54 or 540 its way lean everywhere here is the new file i'm working with it seems to run good adjusted the way it is but i want it to be done the right way
Attachments
new tune.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

That is why you now need to modify the K value until you get a nice mixture. Make sure you empty the fueltable first!!
mr_ca18det

Post by mr_ca18det »

Figured out my latency prob i email fuel injector clinic and my latency value is .980 at 14v thats why its ran so bad before they also told me they reccomend 43.5 psi of presusure at the rail should i run that or the stock 36 static pressure. And to set latency i make the map 14.7 and adjust the k value till i get stoich correct
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

OK great you have got that sorted out now.

Id stick with the default CA fuel pressure. Its not static, it changes with manifold pressure anyway... I think mine ranges from about 35psi (vacuum) to about 55psi on boost.

Manufacture latency can be directly programmed with nistune. Then do a light load run (like cruising) with an empty fuel map. That means setting it to 14.7 yes. While cruising, modify the K-value until you read a nice stochio 14.7 value on the Wideband. Oh and please turn of O2 closed loop feedback while doing this...

If you have latency correct, no airleaks or other engine problems, then in theory you should now also have idle about right at 14.7
mr_ca18det

Post by mr_ca18det »

It runs a ton better i'll post up another bin file prob by the weekend stupid rain :(