tuning issues

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

HermaN

Re: tuning issues

Post by HermaN »

PL wrote:Hey HermaN,

We're talking 2 different things here. Yes, BOV has to go back post AFM. PCV goes back to manifold in the std configuration but lots of guys put catch cans on them to avoid having oily air ingested back into engine.

PL
Ah, right, see what your sayng now. I mis-interpreted what you wrote first time.
joos14

Post by joos14 »

i got my car out today and recorded a small log of the issue with my AF ratio changing when i turn my headlights on. i found that the injection timing is changing the most and the mafs is changing some but not much at all. i have not changed anything yet with the bov or the valve cover vent hose just pulled it out and went to work and did a log when i got to work and the car was warmed up completely. i had a question about a oil catch can, i noticed that catch cans have 2 nipples on them and if i route my valve cover vent to one on the catch can where should i route the other side of the catch can. should i still put a hose on the intake in front of the turbo after the AFM and put it on the other nipple of the catch can? any input would be appreciated.
thanks
kyle
Attachments
ks s14_2010-10-13_1814_34.csv
(60.89 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
joos14

Post by joos14 »

well i moved my ground wire for my maf and put a ground wire for the engine to the chasis on the turbo side and everything was fine till i went out and drove it and now the car idle high the tune is spot on just idles high.. winter is coming and im about to pack the car up and store for the winter. deal with it next yr when i have time :?