Throttle seems to not work for ~1 second after a gear change

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

foliage

Throttle seems to not work for ~1 second after a gear change

Post by foliage »

I am running an R32 rb20det ECU + nistune in my R32 + r34 neo rb25det, z32, gtr injectors. I have all R33 intake gear on the motor and R34 coils and the loom etc is all rb20.

Everything runs great apart from this odd issue, I used to have an r33 rb25det in the car but have since switched to an r34 neo. I'm not sure if this issue was present before hand and I just didn't notice or it is new now.

Basically when I am in any gear with a tiny bit of load (or a lot) and then clutch in, throttle off, change gear and go to put the throttle back on, the throttle is dead for about 1 second, eg I touch the throttle, revs keep dropping then after a second the revs come back up, makes changing gears smoothly basically impossible.

If I am holding the revs constant this does not happen, I need to be accelerating with at least a tiny bit of load.

If I don't change gear and just throttle off then come back onto the throttle again same thing happens, seems to be about 1 second of dead zone before the engine responds to the throttle again, almost like it is cutting spark or fuel.

Is there any setting that is related to this? anyone heard of this before? It is driving me insane as I basically have to take twice as long to change gears or its just clunky and I can't drive smoothly.

I am running the standard recirc bov so it do don't think it is a reversion problem. One thing that has changed is I have gone to a metal intake pipe (with plumb back fittings) where as before I had the stock rubber flex one.

Any ideas? I also have another unrelated problem with timing being pulled at cold start for no reason, will post another thread for this though.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Throttle seems to not work for ~1 second after a gear change

Post by Matt »

Post tuned bin file and consult log file so we can see what is going on. Will need to log in stream mode, including TP, TPS, RPM, speed, injection time at a minimum