All timing pulled at cold start, only sees 5degrees timing.

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

foliage

All timing pulled at cold start, only sees 5degrees timing.

Post by foliage »

Car: R32 + neo rb25det, rb20 loom and ecu with nistune, r33 intake and r32 sensors, z32, gtr injectors

When I start my car first thing it runs great and normally for about 1 minute. After a minute no matter what revs/load/gear you are doing it will suddenly pull all timing, looking at ecutalk it drops down to base timing and nothing else. This means you can build about 4psi in neutral and the throttle is incredibly unresponsive. Once I get to over 4psi load the timing all comes back to normal and the car suddenly goes back to normal, then I drop the load and it suddenly pulls timing again.

Basically means you drive around with 50% throttle trying really hard to get to the speed limit, you reach 4psi, all timing comes back, break into wheel spin, you drop the throttle and then it pulls timing again. Basically all or nothing power wise, really dangerous when trying to drive to work in the wet.

The issue goes away once the motor is up to temp, usually about 5 minutes. Or if I turn the engine off, wait for the ECCS relay to click, then start again the issue goes away. I usually just turn the motor off and on again every morning so I don't have to put up with it. Maybe 1/10 times turning the motor off does not fix the issue.

When the motor is slightly warm or hot this does not happen, eg after an 8 hour day at work it is usually fine.

I used to run an R33 rb25 and had the same issue so almost certainly something related to a setting in the nistune. Perhaps cold start trim map or something (are there any maps related to this?)
Matt
Site Admin

Re: All timing pulled at cold start, only sees 5degrees timing.

Post by Matt »

Cold start timing tables used from sounds of things. Log of this one would be nice but can probably repeat on the bench