Injector Change Issue - Won't Start

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

PL

Re: Injector Change Issue - Won't Start

Post by PL »

Quick note:

I know you're a way off at present, but once you get that sorted and re-fit the ID1000's, be careful at first startup. Once you go to injectors that size it's VERY easy to wet the plugs. People typically keep cranking if it won't fire - avoid this if you can.

Have NIStune open and synced to your ECU with Injector Multiplier window open (with "auto" box ticked) and cursor in the area where the K Constant number is. Then once it fires you can quickly increase/decrease K constant by tapping the +/- keys and get it running sweet (idling at least) with a minimum of fuss.

PL
guricha

Post by guricha »

Here is my issue

I change my 440cc stock injectors from RB26 with 560cc from EVO, here is the deal, car has almost same AFR as stock i have no idea what could be the problem?
Here is the procedure how am doing
changing maf with halved value
than changing injectors i don't know what to tick ? anyway not ticking anything on constant at 110 car is idling perfect to 14.5 on forth gear not loaded
the problem is all the way down before car comes at boost even when the value is to 0 its reach and on the top of load car leans more then standard injectors,
What exactly need to tick when changing injectors? and could it be problem of injectors latency ?

car is with T04z turbo, with upgrade fuel pump and Bosch 044 pump
mdlesk

Post by mdlesk »

PL wrote:Quick note:

I know you're a way off at present, but once you get that sorted and re-fit the ID1000's, be careful at first startup. Once you go to injectors that size it's VERY easy to wet the plugs. People typically keep cranking if it won't fire - avoid this if you can.

Have NIStune open and synced to your ECU with Injector Multiplier window open (with "auto" box ticked) and cursor in the area where the K Constant number is. Then once it fires you can quickly increase/decrease K constant by tapping the +/- keys and get it running sweet (idling at least) with a minimum of fuss.

PL
Thanks for the advice. I will provide an update once the silicon coupler arrives and hopefully that update entails the car running as it should :)
mdlesk

Post by mdlesk »

I'm nearly at a loss for what could be causing this. I bolt the old manifold back on with a thermal gasket and I still have the same issue. I hooked up the air regulator and IAC valve. The EGR is blocked off at the manifold using the ISIS EGR Block-off plate and gasket.

My next step is to replace all vaccum lines, including removing the JGS Block, and to remove the AN Fuel lines and replace with new steel fuel lines.

All O-Rings on the injectors are fine and I am back to the oem fuel rail and fuel is making it through the return line.

It fires right up, but just won't stay running.
PL

Post by PL »

I'd say (assuming this turns out to be a tuning issue, not mechanical) it may be worth playing around with K Constant and latency. It's always a matter of balancing the two.

PL
mdlesk

Post by mdlesk »

I just threw a fuel pressure gauge in-line with the feed and I am getting 43 PSI consistently.

I tried playing with the multiplier just to see, and it didn't make a difference at all. Could the issue actually be with the ECU? I sent it to AVP to have the board installed and the car was apart when it came back so this is the first time using it, but at this point everything is back to stock (except for exhaust) side and EGR. It worked fine when I removed it.

BTW, I am no longer getting any DTC's
mdlesk

Post by mdlesk »

I unplugged the MAF and now it will idle stead at 1k for about 15 seconds and then it slowly drops the AFR from 14.8 down to the 12's and that is when I shut it off. I plugged the MAF back in and I have the issue again. I also tried flipping the MAF around, but it didn't result in any change.
mdlesk

Post by mdlesk »

I think I may have resolved the issue. It was the ground cable from the head. I relocated the battery to the trunk and can't believe I forgot about that ground cable. So now I am swapping back to the XCESSIVE manifold and I am going to see how it runs with that. Hopefully I'll have that done tomorrow and then I am going to gradually increase the components and do the tuning accordingly.
PL

Post by PL »

That'll do it. Ground problems can be extremely difficult to diagnose.

Hopefully that's it!

PL