80 deg and still using cold maps.

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

I A Motorsport

80 deg and still using cold maps.

Post by I A Motorsport »

Temp can be 80-85 on nistune and on aftmark guage ,

Nistune still has cold maps highlighted ?

Restart nistune makes no difference.

Running version 0.10.12
And new rom packs

Any ideas

Also any way to Fix base timing on nistune like you can in the real consult. Need to set base timing and pulling tps doesn't work. Just revs up and stays high. Can rev it a few time let it come down and it just goes back up. So can't get a fix.
I A Motorsport

Re: 80 deg and still using cold maps.

Post by I A Motorsport »

Ok well I've closed nistune. A few times done a few power runs and I've noticed it now reads warm.

The temps are actually reading the same on nistune and guage. But now it's decided to accept that's it's warm and use highlight the correct parts.

Very odd ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Map highlighting issue in the software? Noted in bug list to investigate

After 85 degrees in most cases should not use these any more but dependent on maps used

Display - Consult Active tests

Select timing and adjust (then says its set) then hit start
I A Motorsport

Post by I A Motorsport »

Kool thanks.

As you have staded on my other posts about being linked to crank trigger

When I did get it to 85 warm enriched maps where highlighted. Once this swapped this did affect my idle afr ?!

When I saw temp drop below the 85c back to 81 it still referenced warm enrich.

So only needs to get to 85 to trigger it then all seems fine.

Again my afr seem to drop from a stead 14.4 (02off ) to 21afr. So I've increase tps idle on fueling by a few to bring it back. Not sure this is te best way but seems to work for now.
If you have a better suggestion I'd like to know.

Regards Ian
I A Motorsport

Post by I A Motorsport »

Hi Matt
Could you confirm or not. That even though it's highlighting the cold enrichment maps once at temp the ecu's using warm enrich.

Just need to make sure nothing gonna change.

Had the car to 87degc last night and still wouldn't swap to warm enrich, disconnected and reconnected nistune and the engine with no change.

Regards Ian
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi Ian

Been looking into this one on the bench and seems more complicated than originally anticipated. Need to dig the code further for potentially another table

Basically I've done some updates to the software now to highlight both tables when crank cannot be determined. Once crank is determined if the current temp

< 15degC then cold enrich table used
> 15degC then warm enrich table used

However theres more... the enrichment tables usage all together seem to be dependent on current RPMs. So if the vehicle is idling then say 800rpm and TPS off then idle enrich tables are used

However if the vehicle is at say 2000rpm then I found the temperature range of enrichment used is reduced (on the Cold/Warm enrich throttle tables). So at 2000rpm these tables were only read upto 30degC and no changes to the 40degC or upwards cells were recognised

So I think there is another table there which would be RPM vs Temp that is used to determined when these enrichment tables are active. Need to dig in further to this one, but in the meantime watch the injection pulsewidth as you alter table values whilst at various RPMs to check where it active. I wont be able to map highlight this properly in the software until I determine the cut off temp vs RPMs accurately so looking into it