New to Nistune & issues!

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: New to Nistune & issues!

Post by Matt »

Those end loom wires look similar to other cars I've worked on and would be the EFI harness grounds. Could be causing all sorts of problems if those arent connected

Trace back to where the ECCS loom comes into the engine bay and see if you can locate those wires further back in the harness

Also ensure you have grounding from battery to chasis, and battery to engine block. There must be a ground from battery - block - EFI harness

Definitely causing the problems if consult is dropping out and unable to maintain a stable connection with the engine running
CorrPerformance

Post by CorrPerformance »

Thank you Matt, happy new year from new orleans.
CorrPerformance

Good day I am back in Panama once again trying to start the black GTiR with the type3 board, getting connection now and everything.
Well before I connected to the nistune, the socketed ECU was in the car and the car started and idled fine.
Next day we installed a FPR with out adjusting it and not connected to the Nistune the car fired right up.
After connecting to the ECU via the Nistune software the car barely stays running you have to press the pedal all the way down to keep the car from dying, the trace (highlighted boxes)on the main fuel map is all the way on the bottom right corner of the map. We also noticed that only 1 cylinder was getting injector pulse. What can be causing this since all was fine before we connected to the software.
The Address file being used is:
RNN14 Pulsar 54CXX 69CXX
ROM was downloaded from the ECU.
Software version 0.10.13

Perhaps I need to grab the latest ROM from the website and upload that to the Nistune?
Please help guys. I only have one more working day in this country before I have to leave.
Thanks in advance!
Alberto
CorrPerformance

Okay update, we got it started. The mechanic that installed the AEM FPR had the lines not right and was only getting fuel to the closes injector to the feed line.

So now we got it to idle and messing with the KConstant to get it to idle at 14AFR since we are at 12.3 at the moment.
One issue that I do see is that the car when it was at idle the column and row that the "Follow" was in was on the 5 and 800/1200 rpm so that is the far right bottom of the Fuel Map.

I dont think it should be around that are right?
CorrPerformance

Okay I figured that part as well, seemed like the ROM file that was in the ECU was corrupt, loaded a new base one changed the fuel setting on the injectors and got a nice idle with the help of the KConstant slider.
Checking timing on the engine and going to hit the street to tune it now.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay sounds like you made progress

Yeah mechanical changes can some times trip you up as you are going. Good you were able to check each injector for pulsing

With the cursor in the right hand side, if the TP scaling was bad then it would get stuck in one location (was the TP index consult gauge and the trace cursor should be in the same column as what this gauge is saying on fuel and timing maps)
CorrPerformance

Got the car driving well and boosting to 22psi at a safe AFR, need to practice more on this system to get a better understanding of the way the Raw values and the Filtered values work. At the end a very satisfied customer and he said that he had not felt the engine as smooth as it is operating at the moment.

At the end it was a good learning experience with the Nistune, got a very good working base map to try out on a Pulsar that we have back in the US and see if that will start the car over there, but I suspect there are issues with the wiring and the person that installed the engine in that other car.
So for now thanks guys that helped me out over here in Panama on this Pulsar GTIR and we will be talking soon.

Alberto