Ford Lightning MAF maxing out....?

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

BlueRB240

Re: Ford Lightning MAF maxing out....?

Post by BlueRB240 »

meet07 wrote:
BlueRB240 wrote:Did you adjust the K and latency? I know on mine with the SARD injectors I had to do a lot of adjustments to the K to get my A/F right. Also had to turn the 02 off and change the lower part of the map till I got it right then set the map back to normal and turn on the 02.
See this setting the map back to normal is what throws me off. I pretty much turned the O2 sensors off, zero'ed out all the aqua colored cells and adjusted. After that just save it and turn on the O2 sensors....
When you start zeroing out the Aqual colored cells they will turn into the normal cells. I switched over to the A/F view at that point and put it to 14.7's. Then I adjusted the K till I got it to match my wideband in the idle cells. I had already set my Injector latency before that.
meet07

Post by meet07 »

BlueRB240 wrote:
meet07 wrote:
BlueRB240 wrote:Did you adjust the K and latency? I know on mine with the SARD injectors I had to do a lot of adjustments to the K to get my A/F right. Also had to turn the 02 off and change the lower part of the map till I got it right then set the map back to normal and turn on the 02.
See this setting the map back to normal is what throws me off. I pretty much turned the O2 sensors off, zero'ed out all the aqua colored cells and adjusted. After that just save it and turn on the O2 sensors....
When you start zeroing out the Aqual colored cells they will turn into the normal cells. I switched over to the A/F view at that point and put it to 14.7's. Then I adjusted the K till I got it to match my wideband in the idle cells. I had already set my Injector latency before that.
Yeah thats pretty much what I did except I edited mine in the raw value....
ar99kid

Post by ar99kid »

i had this problem also with a Q45 MAF and big T04ZR turbo.

first , i think your 3" tube is too small. try 3.5" for MAF housing but not 4" ( i have tried myself and is too big ). you will have to adjust manualy the VQ table after you have a correct K and latency.

second , you can run a resistor from MAF signal wire to ground ( i don't remeber my value ) but you can try with an adjustable one and lower the values on the end something about 100k i think. i am running this setup and hit 2 bar of boost with about 4.7v signal , idle about 0.9v. before i couldn't run 1 bar and maxing the MAF...
meet07

Post by meet07 »

Man that is so aggravating. Whats the next option if I didn't want to go through that headache?
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

Try a Z32 maf or the IPX maf. Or do what I did and buy a AEM lol.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Something like this. You can just get the sensor itself. Latest test versions have the updated VQ maps for these
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.ph ... &parent=29
meet07

Post by meet07 »

can I lower the maf hot wire volatage quantifier up around 100 percent?? And what if I relocated it to the intake? Would it stall under deceleration? 4 inch intercooler pipe on the cold side would be silly...
meet07

Post by meet07 »

BlueRB240 wrote:Try a Z32 maf or the IPX maf. Or do what I did and buy a AEM lol.
Im trying not to buy a 1500 dollar ecu program but with the money wasted on this junk I should have....I feel like a test dummy with this maf junk. I dont wanna reduce the intake from 4 inch to a small dildo z32 maf. It just looks retarded