Calum RealTime board works wonderfully!

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

CGTuning

Calum RealTime board works wonderfully!

Post by CGTuning »

I finally got around to testing my calum board.

Previously I was using RomEditor, DataScan, and Emutil which worked but it was messy and too much hassle.

So yesterday I hooked up the Calum board to my laptop and started the Nistune software.

At first the consult was all over the place, that is, until I realized I was using the wrong adr file(s13 ka24de adr with s13 sr20det ecu, doh!).

Once I fixed that everything worked 100%!

A few things I noticed. I have to connect to the emulator while the car is running as well as consult or else it drops the connection on start up. Not a big deal at all and the effect on tuning is minimal if any.

We drove the car around for almost an hour messing with parameters and it was very obvious that both the software and hardware were both doing their part perfectly.

Great product!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That is good to hear!

We have another user who purchased NIStune just for the Calum board support because of the same software usability issues as you were facing. Had to make a few tweaks to get it running right (hence the Romulator compatibility option in File - Configuration)

The issue with connecting emulation/consult whilst engine running probably has something to do with a power disruption during starting.

We notice just using consult through the factory connector, it doesnt drop out with our Type 3 boards so it is something to do with USB connectivity on his board I think

Once I have Innovate support working 100% again will have to start spreading the word. Currently I have an open issue that in the latest version it will stop updating when the AFRs go out of 'bounds' so am looking into that in a few days
CGTuning

Post by CGTuning »

Matt, We're trying to use the calum again but looks like something has change on the newer builds. The last successful attempt with the calum was when we created this thread, so we're not sure which version it was that worked.

I can connect with emutility just fine.
Com ports the laptop assigns to it is com6 and com7

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Please enable debug logging and send me a log file through. I'll look at this straight away
CGTuning

Post by CGTuning »

i take it back. nistune is still working with calum. i tried it on my other laptop running vista no less. works just fine.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay. Wonder what the problem was?

So both laptops were running latest versions and work okay now?

I've been testing the romulator code again on a regular PC (normal COM ports rather than USB adaptors) trying to find another problem which was emailed to me

(connects the first time, but subsequent times cant connect until PC is rebooted. I dont think his PC likes setting extra high baud rates used during moates detection so might have to make a separate 'romulator' option in the emulator dropdown)

Apart from that, seems to be working okay with Moates/Pocket Romulator

But I did get a crash if no devices were plugged in during the autodetection, only on that particular PC so investigating that one in the meantime