Noob to nistune with some questions...

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

chris2712au

Noob to nistune with some questions...

Post by chris2712au »

hi everyone... firstly thanks to pete and matt for the great hardware and software support... I own a S15 2002 sr20det blacktop... standard stuff....
3"exhaust, FMIC, Fuel Pump, 60mm TB, t28 with a modified exhaust housing(huge internal w/g), I have a Z32 and 550's in the garage waiting to go on....

I seem to have developed a wicked lean spot mid throttle afr's around 14..... some say it is the norm when you open things up and up the boost.... the K constant looks ok at low loads and at high loads... but in the mid it is a lot out... If i increase the K constant by 10% from standard the mid is ok afr's around 12... but the top and bottom ends are extremely rich (02 unplugged)... although the 02 corrects it for light cruise...

so is there more to the tuning... then the k constant and the fuel maps... to gt this right...

also what is a good knock value 1000??? at which point does the ecu switch maps???

your input is always appreciated...

chris
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi Chris

When you say 'knock value' are you talking in the knock display window? Currently this window only works for boards with Rev15 firmware in them.

In saying that, we have so far only programmed Rev15 into several HCR32 skyline boards and tested functionality out on dyno last week

I'm now to trawl through the dissassembly for each other ECU we support to find where the knock flag is being set, and then add the firmware patch to include a 'knock counter'. Its a start since we have proven functionality now but will take time to add to the range of supported ECUs

Our next target is the S13 CA18 and the BNR32 GTR ...

As for your questions I'll forward this link to Pete and see if he has any ideas. He has put together a tuning guide also which is a worthwhile read
PL

Post by PL »

Hey Chris,

You should be able to just tune it out in the fuel maps???

If you can take a log of a single run that goes through the spot and send it to me along with the maps then I'm happy to have a look and see if I can sort it for you.

pl@plmsdevelopments.com

Regards
Pete L
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

that would be great.... when the boost was on and the mixtures were good low 12's high 11's the car was awesome..... I will try and get a 3rd gear run for you so you can see what i am talking about.... I will do it on the standard JDM map thats in the ECU...

Yeah my ecu is a new type 4 board... so does that mean the knock is in... the values are changing and i can set a knock limit.... just not too sure on the function thats all and whether it is working correctly..