Nistune Type II board install problem..

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

OEM_Z

Nistune Type II board install problem..

Post by OEM_Z »

Hi Matt,
I sent out my board to moates to get the daughter board installed and got it back a couple weeks ago. I finally got around to putting it in this weekend and immediately I notice a problem. The first thing that happened was the aux fan kicked on before starting the car. The Z32 did start right up but it had a high surging idle between 11-1200rpm. The check engine light came on so then I tried to check for code. I couldn't get codes and the light on the ecu stayed on (red). The gas smelled really rich. Despite all that, the car did seem to rev ok but I did not want to drive it. I have a spare oem ecu and so I put it in and everything went back to normal. I switched back and forth between the two ecus and still the same problem with the Nistuned ecu. What should I do? Is there anyway I should be able to tell that the board was put in correctly? TIA
Welcome to My DARKSIDE.....
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sounds like the ECU is running in limp mode. Check what the LED on the ECU does when the car is switched to ignition. Also consult would not be able to connect

You will need to open up the ECU casing and check that they have performed the install correctly as per the Type 2 hardware installation manual

I'm sure they have installed the socket properly, but my concern is the correct installation of the header. The header must be installed in the correct orientation as per the manual on our website

If you can take a photo of the inside of the ECU with the board uninstalled, I can verify it for you
OEM_Z

Fixed....

Post by OEM_Z »

Sorry for the delay, I meant to get back to post that I fixed the problem somehow. I opened up the ecu and was able to take out the daughter board. It seemed to be in there pretty sturdy but when I pulled it out a few of the prongs seemed to be slightly bent which I thought I could have done when I pulled it. Anyway when I strightened them out and put it back in then it was working. Thanks Matt!
Welcome to My DARKSIDE.....