will not burn bin to board

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

4x4le

will not burn bin to board

Post by 4x4le »

I just got my e5 sr20det ecu from glen at aaa hiperformance. It has the type 3 board installed in it. I hooked it up to my car and made the changes to my maf and injectors with the key on, the consult cable connected and the consult button hit on the program and the engine off. I went to burn the image to the board and it asked if I was sure I wanted to and I said yes and then it said that this feature is only avabiable with nistune realtime boards. I checked to make sure that there was really one in there and there is. Could a jumper be hooked up wrong? Is my software out of date possibly? V.9255
my cable is a plms cable. As far as I can tell i have done everything right. Any help would be nice.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Do you get a ECU part number and ID display when you connect to the board?

Can you get me a debug log at all when you connect (please see sticky at top of this thread for details)
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

I just got this issue resolved earlier today. Glen forgot to move the jumper to read from external memory. I moved it over with my crappy solder gun (low watage and heat though) and it works like a charm.

I tuned on it for about 45 minutes (actually about 10 mins total tuning, the rest was driving) and Im confident that I already have a better tune than my old JWT ecu and I can already see the areas I can improve, I just ran out of time tonight.

My only issue with it was that my innovate wideband kept going offline but I think i read this issue is being addressed. I would think it would work good enough on a dyno for a pull but when it goes out of bounds it stops working.

I could get you logs for that if it would help you or anything.
Anytime I can do anything for you to make this program smoother let me know, im more than willing and Thank you for this great product.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I noticed that with my Innovate LC-1 that it disconnected by itself. I'm going log it now and look into it further
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

ok yea, i was using my lc1. I have a lm1 too but I havent tried with it because I have a lc1 in the car so I didnt have any reason to use it. I can use the lm1 if it will be better for me now.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It will probably be because of the same reason. I'm sure the MTS library disconnects the software using it but need to determine for sure this is the case