Nistune not connecting *noob question*

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

sr20spd

Nistune not connecting *noob question*

Post by sr20spd »

I currently have a 1995 240sx with a S13 SR20DET and I am attempting to use Nistune for the first time. When I go to link using the Consult button, the software tells me the following.

* Consult not connected. COM1 spare: COM3 spare

I am not sure where I should begin to start troubleshooting. My first thought is that the US consult port doesn't work in its factory configuration with the JDM SR20det, and that I may need to rewire it into the harness to make it work properly. Other than that, I am pretty much stumped. If there is anyone else that can shed some light on what may be causing this issue please let me know. Thanks in advance, and I apologize if I sound like a noob :D
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What consult cable are you using?

If you are using a PLMS consult cable then you can look at the LEDs. If the green is flashing then its transmitting out to the port (when you press connect). If there is a response then the orange light will flash the response

If there is a wiring problem or the ECU is running limp mode then you wont get the response. I assume the car is running okay and no Check engine light or other indication of limp mode

Please check wiring attached between connector and ECU plug
Attachments
consult_connector.JPG
consult connector pinouts
(41.15 KiB) Downloaded 1268 times
S13 SR20DET Pinout.xls
S13 SR20 pinout
(22 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
sr20spd

Post by sr20spd »

Now I really feel like such a noob. I ended up figuring out the problem and it was fairly simple. I had a loose dash connector and once I plugged it all the way in, everything came to life. Thanks again for listening and sorry for wasting your time :)