Nistune Not Synchronizing from Laptop to ECU

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

sr20spd

Nistune Not Synchronizing from Laptop to ECU

Post by sr20spd »

I am having the strangest issue with my Nistune, so I will give all the details I can according to the forum rules.

a) problem description- I have connected my laptop to the consult port and I have been able to copy the factory tune from the ECU to the laptop. Nistune recognizes the ECU and I can see the ECU number in Nistune. I have also been able to use the consult with everything working properly. However, whenever I go to sync from the Laptop to the ECU, the software gives me an error and drops the connection. I have no way to change any parameters.

b) exact error message- Consult Disconnected
Connectivity Error! Check Your Consult Connection

followed by-
Checksum Error! Corruption on Consult Line

c) vehicle type/address file- 95 240sx w/S13 SR20DET swap/
#62 ECU/S13_SR20DET_256_E.adr

d) equipment used- Asus Eee PC laptop running windows XP/ Type 3 Board/ PLMS Consult Cable/

e) steps to reproduce- connect with consult, F8 to re-sync, Re-sync from laptop to ECU

f) debug files) i followed the steps for the debug file, but it doesn't seem to save the log. I go to my log folder in Nistune and it isn't there. Im not sure if this is a precursor to my problem, but I can't seem to debug log.

I hope this all makes since, and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to help. I am really close to making this work, I just feel this is something easy that I may be overlooking. Thanks again for any help!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What does nistune display at the top of the screen?

ECU ID: xxxxx REV ID: ??

If you dont get the Rev ID then the ECU has not been jumpered to use the Nistune board

So 'Debug logging' is ticked but there are no log files next time you run Nistune inside the installation folder?
sr20spd

Post by sr20spd »

I see the following at the top when I go into Nistune.

ECU: 23710- 50F00

I did figure out where I was messing up with debug logging, and I was able to obtain a few logs (6). I can attach one for you to reference, and if you want me to post the rest then I can. Thanks again for the help Matt.

edit* I am using Nistune Version: 0.9254
Attachments
nistune-0808-1421.log
August 8 Debug Log File *1 of 6*
(746.87 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No REV ID displayed.... just checked your log also. You can now disable logging again

You havent moved the ECU jumper from CJ1 to CJ2 (see Step 2 of the Type 3 installation instructions)

Once you do this it will show the REV ID (meaning its now running from the board) and allow you to start tuning :D
sr20spd

Post by sr20spd »

Thank you so much Matt, your a lifesaver! I completly overlooked that step. I will give it a shot tomorrow when I get out to the garage and I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the patience bro! :D