Increasing Z32 Diameter

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

nissangts

Increasing Z32 Diameter

Post by nissangts »

Guys I have heard about puting the Z32 MAF into a bigger body. Could someone explain how this is done and how do you tune for it please?
modulation

Re: Increasing Z32 Diameter

Post by modulation »

nissangts wrote:Guys I have heard about puting the Z32 MAF into a bigger body. Could someone explain how this is done and how do you tune for it please?
If you are talking about a "hacked maf" (taking the maf element/wire/controller and placing it in a larger pipe) it's not needed with nistune.
One would do this so that they can run larger injectors without having to adjust the ecu accordingly.

The only other reason I can think about doing this is because one is maxing out the MAF. But then you should get a Lightning MAF or something.
(Or probably switch to MAP if you sucking that much air.)
Russ84NA

Re: Increasing Z32 Diameter

Post by Russ84NA »

modulation wrote:
nissangts wrote:Guys I have heard about puting the Z32 MAF into a bigger body. Could someone explain how this is done and how do you tune for it please?
If you are talking about a "hacked maf" (taking the maf element/wire/controller and placing it in a larger pipe) it's not needed with nistune.
One would do this so that they can run larger injectors without having to adjust the ecu accordingly.

The only other reason I can think about doing this is because one is maxing out the MAF. But then you should get a Lightning MAF or something.
(Or probably switch to MAP if you sucking that much air.)
I have considered going to a MAP system and using individual Throttle bodies. How would you go about getting NisTune to read and use the MAP signals? And is it possible?
Dark Diver

Post by Dark Diver »

Go with a dual-pop or DoolZ and double the K-value with Nistune.
Legionnaire

Post by Legionnaire »

while i think it is possible to use MAP sensor (or any other sensor for that matter, e.g. TPS) as a load input as you can use VQ table for calibration and play with your K-constant afterwards, you will face a problem with calculating consumed air MASS for measured air PRESSURE, FLOW or whatever - you need the air temperature correction to know density, which is not built into a stock nissan ECU. So your MAP-based calibration will be valid only for ambient conditions similar to those when you performed your initial mapping. Any significant change in ambient tempreature/humidity - and your mapping will not be optimal and may (and will) cause engine damage.

as for MAFs, I dont have personal experience with these, but may be you should try pro-m MAF sensors - they state some pretty impressive power figures - 800hp with 80mm and up to 1500hp with 92mm MAF.
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

send a pm to deviouska, he might be able to help for a map swap.

i have placed skyline maf elements into larger piping to expand the flow ability of the sensors. i didn't touch the vq map, i played with the kvalue and fine tuned on the fuel maps.
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

I am not after the MAP system because I am out of room. I am not running a turbo. I just need to get a better intake to allow my NA to take in more air naturally
Legionnaire

Post by Legionnaire »

maybe you should try alpha-N arrangement then? Use your throttle position sensor as a load input. If deviouska comes up with some workaround to IAT correction, you can use it with alpha-n setup just like you sould have done with SD management.
Cheers,
Petros Katunian
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

Hey guys how do I get intouch with deviouska?