no fuel pump/spark after 1startup

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

gardner86zx

no fuel pump/spark after 1startup

Post by gardner86zx »

my 300zx has been sitting all winter and i went out to start it today and this is what happened. When i first turn the key the fuel pump will go on and off rapidly. If i try to start it it will not fire. Once the fuel pump starts to work right the car can be started with no problem but if i let it die or shut it off it will not restart. The fuel pump will not come back on and also there is no spark. i have tried a spare ecu and it works fine so i know the problem is with in the ecu that i have nistune in. Also i tried to plug the lap top in to it and it will not connect. Any suggestions?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

sounds like a problem with the ECU

like either corrupted ROM image or something wrong with the wiring on the connectors. when it drove last time was it going okay?

do you have the factory ROM chip there to try that out and see if fuel pump primes normally when ignition is switched on. ie determine if a board / board installation problem
gardner86zx

Post by gardner86zx »

i drove it all last summer with it and had no problems. i dont have the factory rom chip for that ecu. i sent the ecu to you to do the install. i am going to see if i can get some one to burn me a chip to try it out
matt could you send me a turbo bin file that is compatible with the 86 na computer so i can have someone put it on a chip for me
gardner86zx

Post by gardner86zx »

i got looking at the install info for my ecu. It said that jumper j3 and j4 had to be connected on the 86 ecu and my was not would this cause a problem?
Attachments
IMG_0011.JPG
(98.24 KiB) Downloaded 1882 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yeah it should have that jumper soldered

if you can get a soldering iron and put a blob between the two... but this all worked before. confused?!

BIN files are in the ROM image pack on the downloads page. If you open that and extra it, inside the Z31 folder. try burn that to a chip and then put in the ECU

let me know how you go with this one. email me if you need any more help with this one