help with tune ca18det im in a hurry ;/

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Anders_r

help with tune ca18det im in a hurry ;/

Post by Anders_r »

Hello guys!

Just got my nistune working today..

Got some problems though i dont really know where to start after fixed the k constant!

I downloaded the normal S13 map and fixed Z32maf and my 444 injectors..

I went out to a run and did 4th gear 2500-3000 RPM to adjust the afr to 14,7 with the k constant! wich is right what i read?

Then after this im stunned :S dunno where to start. as soon as my turbo is starting to spool my afr goes to 11 in low boost and on full it goes to 9,7

i have tried with my friends stage 3 chip in nistune and its same thing on boost :/

how to fix, i got big meeting on friday
PL

Post by PL »

Sounds like it's time for some adjustments in your fuel table figures??

Let me know your email address and I'll send you some maps for Z32/440's to get you started if you want. I'm no CA guru but it should get you somewhere close..

PL
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i emailed those ones we did for petes CA18
PL

Post by PL »

Aahh - cool. I think they were in reasonable shape as long as you had the final versions.

PL
John

Post by John »

Matt wrote:i emailed those ones we did for petes CA18

Could i get a copy of that bin file to?

John.andersson@datareal.se

Regards
John
Anders_r

Post by Anders_r »

PL wrote:Sounds like it's time for some adjustments in your fuel table figures??

Let me know your email address and I'll send you some maps for Z32/440's to get you started if you want. I'm no CA guru but it should get you somewhere close..

PL
thx PL for ur help :)

and ofc to matt for the good help at this forum :)

im gonna load it today and see how it goes ^^
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

Hi Anders.
How have you done things? have you fitted and adjusted the map for the 444's first, then fitted the afm then tuned for the afm ?
Anders_r

Post by Anders_r »

ye got new problems:)

this is a copy i wrote to matt.
:

hi matt i got some small problems.. if i tune the fuel map in 4th gear running full throthle from 2500 rpm to around 5500 rpm its ok
but if i do full throtthle in 2nd gear it goes down to 10,0 quick then up to 11 not the same :s same when i shift to 3rd and full 9,9 and up.

and when i record and then gonna tune the fuelmap i got some problems.. when i look at the logg and find example:

3700 rpm and afr 10,4 i see 4 grey cells and when i move the arrows left or right the grey cells dont change until i move arrow 4 times then 4 grey move to other cells :S so how do i know wich one is the 10,4?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The log player didnt pick up all the key presses when moving the line and was offset a little. I've fixed that up this week for the next release

As for the rest of the issues I'll saw your emails this morning but will have to look at them properly tonight
John

Post by John »

Anders_r wrote:ye got new problems:)

:

hi matt i got some small problems.. if i tune the fuel map in 4th gear running full throthle from 2500 rpm to around 5500 rpm its ok
but if i do full throtthle in 2nd gear it goes down to 10,0 quick then up to 11 not the same :s same when i shift to 3rd and full 9,9 and up.

and when i record and then gonna tune the fuelmap i got some problems.. when i look at the logg and find example:

3700 rpm and afr 10,4 i see 4 grey cells and when i move the arrows left or right the grey cells dont change until i move arrow 4 times then 4 grey move to other cells :S so how do i know wich one is the 10,4?
Tuning a car never takes 2 hours, you need to give it more time play around with the different values. And you have to understand how the car works.
For example the problem you described above doesn’t have to be Nistune it could be because your fuel pressure regulator is old and can’t keep up with the quick changes in vacuum to boost when running in second gear. The ECU controls allot but there are a lot of mechanical things in the mix so you need to compensate for the built in sluggishness of these things. Do you for example have an extra non linear fuel pressure regulator?

Regards
John
Last edited by John on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anders_r

Post by Anders_r »

John wrote:
Anders_r wrote:ye got new problems:)

:

Tuning a car never takes 2 hours, you need to give it more time play around with the different values. And you have to understand how the car works.
For example the problem you described above doesn’t have to be Nistune it could be because your fuel pressure regulator is old and can’t keep up with the quick changes in vacuum to boost when running in second gear. The ECU controls allot but there are a lot of mechanical things in the mix so you need to compensate for the built in sluggishness of these things. Do you have an extra non linear fuel pressure regulator?
In Nistune you have a built in equivalent to the old carburetor engines acceleration pump (Acceleration Increase Fuel vs TPS voltage). The function of this is to give extra fuel for a short time based on the TPS voltage. Try changing these values to see if the AFRs change when you floor it.

Regards
John
Thx john, let me say this..

I started this MAY and try to find my problem on my car why its not working as my friends stage3 chip car works just fine.. i changed my: z32lmm, i changed injectors, changed spark plugs, changed ECU, changed chip, change dump valve, i checked my kompression, i check my idle fuel pressure to 2,5 bar. could not just get it working ..
so finaly i bought my nistune, now the car works alot better, i just need to know where to exaclty tune this 2nd and 3rd gear issue.. ist just for half a second when i change and push full throttle. :/ gonna try what u said ^^ thx alot!
Anders_r

Post by Anders_r »

sorry for being a lil bit stupid, where did u want me to change?:)
John

Post by John »

Anders_r wrote:sorry for being a lil bit stupid, where did u want me to change?:)
No need to apologize for asking. You could try to play around with the Acceleration vs TPS (Increase fuel) in Nistune.

Have you done a wideband input trace?

/J
John

Post by John »

Anders_r wrote:sorry for being a lil bit stupid, where did u want me to change?:)
Do you have an atmospheric dumpvalve or an recycling? If you have an atmospheric I think thats your problem.

/J
Anders_r

Post by Anders_r »

John wrote:
Do you have an dumpvalve or an recycling? If you have an atmospheric I think thats your problem.

/J
its the HKS ssqv copy. :)

think its atmospheric

anyway my idle afr i cant get it working good ;s sometimes i have afr 14,7 and sometimes 13 :p