sr20 with nistune very rich

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

s13_silvia_redtop

sr20 with nistune very rich

Post by s13_silvia_redtop »

okay i just got my built sr running and i know that it is mechanically sound bc when i had the stock ecu on it with a stock maf it iddled great, but i didnt drive it because i knew it needed tunned. so i sold my maf and bought nistune and upgraped to a z32 maf. now this is where the problems starts. last week i got it to run correctly but that only lasted for two days and that was on a stock tune with just a z32 maf. now its hardly staying alive and bogs down real real bad under load almost like a intercooler leak. now when we adjust the k constant on the injector mutiplier up about 100% almost maxed out it will run better. (i have the stock injectors in for now). any ideas? thanks you guys
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

mate it is a little more involved with the z32 than you think...

if you have the z32 you need to use the change AFM in the nistune so it can recalculate the K...

now dont think that the fuel maps will be adequate even if the K is correct as the Z32 needs to be leaned out in the middle of the maps.. for some reason it senses more air than the sr maf in that region..

slowly increase boost and watch AFr's.. ad also the position of the map... if your K is too large you could run off the map... and thats bad.. you want to access those last columns when she is on the max boost you intend to run...
s13_silvia_redtop

i do have it recalculated for the Z32 maf. but it still runs like crap. i check today for a boost leak and found none. im still so confused on why it runs better at idle if i up the constant to almost maxed out.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

post your logs with afr's, address and bin files, so we can have a sticky.
Sime
http://www.jps.net.au
tuners@jps.net.au
Calibration Engineer
JPS Motorsports & Electronics
s13_silvia_redtop

okay i will post them asap. i think ill be working on the car tomorrow night.
s13_silvia_redtop

okay so ive been trying to find my cord that goes from my wideband (zeitronix) to the computer so i can see my afr's but my friend cant seem to find it now :( i might just have to buy a new one from them unless someone has one i could buy from them instead? and i logged a run in the car with out afr's but still had other stuff but i dont know how to post it?

thnaks
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

I think that if you have 380cc injectors your K is going to be extremely high anyway.. just go into the directories of nistune and get your bin and log files out and attach them to the post..
s13_silvia_redtop

see thats the problem. i dont know how o get to the information u want me to post? how do i get to the directories? im sure i could figure out how to attach it the the post but i dont know how to get the information in the first place.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

you can always use the function "save as" ... or something similar...
go to the file -> configuration and see/adapt the directories
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

start- run - explorer
(or Windows - E keys together)

Browse to c:\Program Files\Nistune directories

Logs subdirectory has log files. Save As will tell you where the BIN file you saved is located
klys

Post by klys »

if it worked ok for a few days and then it when to crap.

it might be the connector.. .
try wiggling it while the engine is running see if it changes anything.

My MAF was OK till it started to be a pain (a b****) and it managed to get it to work by putting it back into place...

some also solder the connections inside the silicone sealed square box on it.
PL

Post by PL »

Fitting JUST a Z32 AFM tends to throw things out a long way because the K constant changes so much. K constant affects everything, so you'll find that you'll have to do a lot of adjusting to get things nice again.

If you are going to fit bigger injectors then I suggest you do it now as it will bring the K constant closer to stock and suddenly you'll find that everything falls into place.

Example:

21,475 = std K
37,025 = K adjusted to suit Z32 AFM
24,907 = K adjusted for Z32 AFM + 550cc injectors

As you can see the K constant is a lot closer to stock once the injectors are brought into the equation.

PL
s13_silvia_redtop

thanks u guys. today i went down to my shop and re-burnt the stock settings and changed it to the z32 maf. then adjust my k constant up a bit i beleive its at 151.3% and it seems to run a lot better. i was wondering if putting my new injectors in would make it easier or harder and i just thought it would make a bigger problem but what u say makes sense and im going to try that next. i still cant find my cord for my wideband but i can feel the car pulling a lot harder and the EGT's are staying real low now. i am still going to try to post my log or files but i'll have a friend try to help me with that. thanks for all the help ill keep you guys updated.
s13_silvia_redtop

hey i just put in the new 740cc injectors and the constant is way closer to the 100% everything seems to be running great, now its just tunning! thank u guys for the help and once i get a cable i upload some logs to see what you think. thanks
s13_silvia_redtop

okay so i bit the bullet and bought those cordss because all other cords have failed, so i will be able to read my exact afr. but i noticed when im idling that on my fual map the four grey cells that are being accesed are almost off the map. they are very close to the right side of the map when i thought they were supposed to be close to the left? can i fix this?> what does it mean? and why would it do this? i am assuming thats why my car is soo rich because its sensing some kind of load and dumping more fuel? Thanks!