Launch control

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

4x4le

Re: Launch control

Post by 4x4le »

It costs an arm and a leg to send anything to Australia and takes forever.

So although I appreciate what stu here has done, my question is: Will there ever be an official NIStune release of a similar launch control? I would hope that people developing work arounds to the NIStune software would not discourage NIStune from their own development, releases and updates.

The open source possibilities could be great, but I would not see NIStune becoming opensource a good thing in the long run.

$0.02
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

For me its all where time gets invested in the software. Personal circumstances are changing and I will have more time available to software again now. However that is also demand driven and depends on portability of changes.

Once major changes like the newer base image programmer and Type 5/OBD-II boards are out of the way I will look into these things but until then people who want firmware mods would need to go through those who provide it
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

This sounds very reasonable.
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

Here's a solution to international uses wanting my upgraded firmware for your S13 SR20DET Type 3 board. I can offer an exchange board (normal Nistune board prices + my AU$15 firmware upgrade + postage). I can offer a refund on the board upon recieving your current board (obviously minus the AU$15) after testing your Type 3 operates. It would be supplied with the STANDARD 50F00/50F05 base image, all you need to do is load your current file and resync. I'll Email you an updated ADR file and instructions for use

Does this sound reasonable to you folks not in Oz??

Stu
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Just thought I'd mention that I have got Launch control working on the RNN14 stock ECU in the UK here too. Tried it yesterday on a 400hp GTi-R nearly ripped my head of on the launch :) :)
Darksun280

Post by Darksun280 »

skyline_stu wrote:Here's a solution to international uses wanting my upgraded firmware for your S13 SR20DET Type 3 board. I can offer an exchange board (normal Nistune board prices + my AU$15 firmware upgrade + postage). I can offer a refund on the board upon recieving your current board (obviously minus the AU$15) after testing your Type 3 operates. It would be supplied with the STANDARD 50F00/50F05 base image, all you need to do is load your current file and resync. I'll Email you an updated ADR file and instructions for use

Does this sound reasonable to you folks not in Oz??

Stu
Still a hassle not having something state side. I sent you an email about your address and paypal addy so I can hurry up and get the ball rolling on getting my upgrade done. This is probably going to be a 2 week affair for me.
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

Matt

What happened to the super soft launch control that was on the type 3 s13 sr for a little? I think it was on rev limiter 3 and you could set it where ever you wanted. If you raised the revvs slowly you would hit a fuel cut but if you stabbed the gas or moved the pedal fast it would break the cut.

can we have that back? I lost it with an update.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Was it a special address file you were talking about? I'm not sure since it wasnt in the ROM packs
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

4x4le wrote:Matt

What happened to the super soft launch control that was on the type 3 s13 sr for a little? I think it was on rev limiter 3 and you could set it where ever you wanted. If you raised the revvs slowly you would hit a fuel cut but if you stabbed the gas or moved the pedal fast it would break the cut.

can we have that back? I lost it with an update.
4x4le, I can't say I've ever seen this myself..... Are you refering to rev limit 3??
robertsr20

Post by robertsr20 »

Hi every body, I have LC in my nistune type 3 board since last year put the launch control code in my base image file using tuner pro program (free SW) and later burn the base image file in the nistune board, this also applies to fan control code, let me know if you need as I did to do this.

Matt you have my image base file, check it has set LC to 4500 rms, launch speed to 12 kph and the fan control star to 90° celcius and turn off to 85° celcius.

All people can do this using your base image programmer is very easy. :wink:

Regards.
Last edited by robertsr20 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darksun280

Post by Darksun280 »

robertsr20 wrote:Hi every body, I have LC in my nistune type 3 board since last year put the launch control code in my base image file using tuner pro program (free SW) and later burn the base image file in the nistune board, this also applies to fan control code, let me know if you need as I did to do this.

Matt you have my image base file, check it has set LC to 4500 rms, launch speed to 12 kph and the fan control star to 90° celcius and turn off to 85° celcius.

All people can do this using your base imagen programmer is very easy. :wink:

Regards.
So your saying I don't have to pay to ship my ecu to Australia and Nistune has something they can release?
robertsr20

Post by robertsr20 »

Darksun280 wrote:
robertsr20 wrote:Hi every body, I have LC in my nistune type 3 board since last year put the launch control code in my base image file using tuner pro program (free SW) and later burn the base image file in the nistune board, this also applies to fan control code, let me know if you need as I did to do this.

Regards.
So your saying I don't have to pay to ship my ecu to Australia and Nistune has something they can release?
If you have the image base programmer, yes.
When I buy my board type 3, I send to Matt my image file edited whit LC code and fan control, Matt burn that image in my board, when Matt send me the board I received with the code try in may car and worked.
Sorry if i can´t explain fine, because my English is not very good.
Regards.
Darksun280

Post by Darksun280 »

robertsr20 wrote:
Darksun280 wrote:

Regards.
If you have the image base programmer, yes.
When I buy my board type 3, I send to Matt my image file edited whit LC code and fan control, Matt burn that image in my board, when Matt send me the board I received with the code try in may car and worked.
Sorry if i can´t explain fine, because my English is not very good.
Regards.
Nah i understand you clearly. Basically what you did is what I need to get STU to do to MY ECU so im int he same boat.
robertsr20

Post by robertsr20 »

Darksun280 wrote:Nah i understand you clearly. Basically what you did is what I need to get STU to do to MY ECU so im int he same boat.
I don´t understand who is STU but you need this Image
To do yourself. :wink:
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

Guys,
You'll find that the code in the 50F05 and 50F00 has a secondary RPM limiter. You can overstep the launch limit without my version of firmware and the engine will run up to its hard cut rpm. (around 7400rpm, or where you've set RPM limit2 to.) My launch control firmware addresses this problem.

There is a soft and hard cut programmed in, you also get the ADR file to enable you to make the changes from within Nistune rather than have to re-burn the image file each time an adjustment needs to be made.

I'm a Nistune distributor/installer/tuner - you can find my information from the workshop page on the Nistune web site.

Stu