sr20 with nistune very rich

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

it seems that they are high load cells...wich can indicate why you're running that rich... perhaps the throttle position sensor needs to be adjusted...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

what is your load scaling looking like?

the injector resize will reduce the scaling. Only in the latest versions is there and option to expand the scales on MAF resize

You may need to increase your scaling. See the tuning document on the nistune website for details regarding this

Work out what TP maxes out to and then set that as the maximum scale value and smooth it out from there
s13_silvia_redtop

Post by s13_silvia_redtop »

thanks matt. i didnt understand how to adjust my scalling and now i got it down. could someone help me figure out if my k constant is the right number. or tell me how to do the math, i know its easy but a little confused on how to go about it. i have Z32 maf 740cc injectors and an sr20det redtop. after ive done all the adjustmeants i get 21,123. is this close to the right number? im just wondering bc its rich at idle and if i adjust it lower or higher it wants to die. Thanks for the help.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

just tried it here on 50F00

K = 18512
to
10737 (after resize 370CC to 740CC)
to
18512 (after resize to Z32 MAF)

fuel load scale ended up:
8 13 17 20 24 27 31 34 37 41 48 55 62 68 79 89

your number will depend on AFRs. If you set your fuel map to 0's then adjust until 14.7:1 throughout the map is reached on the wideband
s13_silvia_redtop

Post by s13_silvia_redtop »

Thanks matt. if u would have seen how much all my stuff was off. i think that was the reason for my car running rich. what i beleive i did was save over the stock images without knowing it, so everytime i re opened the images and tried to adjust the injectors and maf it was just messing my constant up that much more. should i re downlaod the rompack? would this help get all my base images back to stock? and i putt all the numbers you just gave me into a file and next time im at the shop im going to load that into my ecu and hope for the best :D
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Get the rom image from the ROM image pack, then 'Save As' so you have your own copy of the file rather than override the saved one

Then do the injector resize and MAF resize and you should have what I posted here

After that set your fuel map to 0 and check your AFRs as per Petes tuning guide (setting injection multiplier)

After that get your fuel map back to normal and check 14.7:1 and then tune for about 12-12.5:1 AFR coming on boost