Nistune 0.9.14 available

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune 0.9.14 available

Post by Matt »

okay email me about this one... I'll have to chase it up. install the older one and should be okay to get through. unfortunately you are the only one so far to report this
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

also I'm aware its not saving the colours, I've added code to save/restore colours as well as redisplay the windows (gauges) automatically on startup. active test bug now fixed also. new version soonish...
chaz

Post by chaz »

Matt wrote:also I'm aware its not saving the colours, I've added code to save/restore colours as well as redisplay the windows (gauges) automatically on startup. active test bug now fixed also. new version soonish...
Excellent! Thanks Matt.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay its up this morning since the active test crash is causing troubles
iceblade

Post by iceblade »

seems to be working now matt, although can't test connection just yet, but I'm sure it will be fine, for some reason my download was corrupting every time... downloaded it through the pc and transfered via usb stick and it worked... reinstall the laptop time I think lol
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

thats odd. explains why it was failing the integrity check

workshop indicated this morning RPM not working right with the recent changes to register reads in consult (tuner mode) so checking that one out asap tonight
me_ashman

Post by me_ashman »

Matt wrote:Charlie email me through the key that you are using an I'll check it out. It should still be working for you. So it still runs, apart from that message?

Hmmmm didnt change the autoconnect stuff, might be related to that error message I think due to the order in which things are called on startup.
I had the same message and I completely removed the old version and reloaded the new... fixed the message but auto connect still doesnt wanna playball. I find it slower to connect than the last version. Otherwise it works fine, if only my grasp on tuning got better with each release.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yeah we had to add a slower delay time for the initialisation on the some models of patrols which werent initialising at all. those had upto 650ms after initial character on the initialisation. if its too annoying will try and lower the subsequent bytes which dont require as long but it will be a bit more delay than before to support more models
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Use this one instead. I found that the recent updates only worked on Type1/2 with consult gauges and tested Type 3/4 and had problems with bytes backwards (different endian processor)

Also added fixes for Innovate MTS (LM-2) such that when you connect/disconnect consult and then reconnect wideband it doesnt require reconfiguring the wideband port

Also fixed auto open with gauges and consult auto connect. All seems to startup automatically nicely now with automatic gauge display and consult connectivity
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Thanks for the updates @matt. :)
In april I can do some tests again when my S14a has left winter sleep.
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

the best way to lock something is to use a hardware lock... cause software locks are so flawed and unreliable...

Make a nistune cable... put something a little special in the drivers that check that it is there.. and presto... that way you can have fully functional trials but without the cable pirates are stuffed.. and just add the license onto the cost of the cable...

anway hopefully will get to use the new version soon..

Chris
Mydato

Post by Mydato »

Yep and then someone just needs to write a hardware/dongle emulator for it. If there is a computer involved there will always be a way to break the rules. It sucks, but that's life.
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

if you dont know what you are doing a dongle is easy to replicate.. they are normally used where the creaters are not silly enough to just bridge out pins on the parallel ports...

the whole idea is to get them to weigh up the facts.. is it worth really investing all that time to crack a $$$ software.... seeing it is not a game
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

people have already done it so getting around a dongle check routine wont be that much more difficult