R32 RB26 running witout MAF or only one MAF

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: R32 RB26 running witout MAF or only one MAF

Post by Matt »

For R32 just wiring at the MAF. Only VLT/R31/Z31 need modification inside the ECU
guricha

Post by guricha »

thanks Matt
will try it today :)
Eric

Post by Eric »

I recently tuned a 350Z with a HPX 05+ AFM sensor (element) and it worked very well.

These sensors are rated up to over 1000 hp depending on the diameter of the tube you install these in.
(approx. 750 hp in a 88mm housing/tube)

These HPX sensor-elements are relatively cheap also (around 200 USD) and it comes with an excel document to calculate the voltage vs. airflow

http://www.injectedperformance.com/halt ... f-tool.xls

Maybe this could be an alternative for the Z32 AFM
Last edited by Eric on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PL

Post by PL »

Hey Eric,

What management system were you using on the 350?

PL
Eric

Post by Eric »

Hi Pete, I'm reprogramming the stock 350Z ECU's (using Uprev Osiris)
PL

Post by PL »

Sweet. Is it realtime tuning? Parameters look familiar - similar deal to what we're used to in older non-flash ECU's?

PL
PL

Post by PL »

Was kinda hoping they might support M35 Stagea. Got people hassling me about tuning those.

Might have to get Matt to write a version of NIStune to support flash based ECU's. He's pretty much at a loose end these days.... NOT!

PL
Eric

Post by Eric »

No,it's not in realtime unfortunately.

you can view certain parameters in realtime though (like TP) or do map-tracing
and the fact that it has 2 stock widebands O2 sensors also helps.

it reminds me of the 'old' days using a ROMulator where you had to stop the engine, make small changes, send data to ROMulator, restart engine and try again :D

350z fuelmap is a joke compared to 'older' nissans though ! ...It's only a 8x8 map

PL wrote:Sweet. Is it realtime tuning? Parameters look familiar - similar deal to what we're used to in older non-flash ECU's?

PL
PL

Post by PL »

I guess it's a bit like most of the modern flash based ECU's. I watch the guys here do the Ford/Holden stuff sometimes and it's pretty archiaic the way they have to shut down the car, edit the maps, feed that into a magic programming box and then plug that into the car to upload (which can take several minutes!).

They get pretty good at editing the maps though. When every change takes so long to install you wanna make every change count!!

PL
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Eric wrote:
These HPX sensor-elements are relatively cheap also (around 200 USD) and it comes with an excel document to calculate the voltage vs. airflow
Hi Eric
How does these AFM perform in light load and idle? Does it need big flow as we are planing to use it on SR20DET GT3076 in BT position and as car is dally drive don't want to run rich in light load...

Thanks for answers.
Eric

Post by Eric »

it worked fine on the VQ35, but as this engine is nearly twice the capacity of the SR20 I'm not sure how well it will work on light load and idle on a small engine.

You can change it's resolution by placing it in a smaller diameter pipe, so it might work fine.
guricha

Post by guricha »

doing nothing yesterday i start wiring Z32 MAF instead of standarts, if someone is interested for wiring i can give chart, i try to make it wrking from one mafs cable but car was idling bad, i link second mafs signal without other 3 cables, put tickbox on halve and its working fine, idling and loading great, only problem is nistune is giving worning one of mafs:)
Matt, do i need to do anything else ? in program i only change mass air flow and indicate halve curves and thats all, both of afm signal is going in one Z32, or there is any way also to make it workable with one Maf signal ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If you clear the DTC codes, does it reappear straight away when idling? In theory both sensor signals should be showing the same on the gauges

Just wondering if using Z32 AFM is causing it go below minimum voltage triggering DTC fault code
guricha

Post by guricha »

Matt,
Both of MAF gauges is showing almost same voltage like standards, but as i say i used cables only from one Maf and just link signal from second MAF cables, Probably nistune is giving fault coz 3 cables from second maf isnot connected, car is reving good and smooth

Matt, what does it does when double values are ticked ? or when it needs to use ?

P.S
maybe someone will do same mode as me here is signal diagram for GTR s mafs and Z32
GTR MAF
Pin 1 not used
pin 2 Air signal
pin 3 power
pin 4 Ground signal
pin 5 +12 V

Matt i think DTC gives fault coz i second mafs power is not connected, anyway i really dont need to use it
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Power signal will not matter

I would connect both signal and chasis grounds together from both sensors. Leaving one 'floating' may affect the signal wire somewhat

Halve values is used when using non-GTR MAF on GTR

Double values is used when using GTR MAF on non-GTR (ie double GTR vqmap)