fuel maps and closing interface

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay found the problem
"CONSTANTVIEW_K_DATA_POSX"=dword:00008001
"MAPVIEW_HIGH_FUEL_POSX"=dword:00008001
"MAPGRIDVIEW_HIGH_FUEL_POSX"=dword:00008001
the X position for those three windows is right off the screen... strange value to be set to actually. 0x8001 seems a bit suss... equals -1 signed

running dual monitors at all? I use them sometimes here and sometimes at work and see software always screw up with them

if not, something else causing it to screw up and i can add some detection in the software to look for this and reset it back to default position at least and have a look into where -1 would be getting set also
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've made a test release 0.9111d which has a workaround. Please check the download area

This should stop any saving of invalid window positions. I cant figure the exact cause out at this time, but you shouldnt see the problem again
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Matt, just wondered why the maps display strangely sometimes, say you have a high ish value it almost looks like your looking at it from the wrong side, that is a cell further away will be on top of a cell closer, even though the close cell is of a higher value.

Does that kind of make sense?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

not really?!

can you capture / post a screenshot when you next see it?
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

Thanks matt, you just made my day, it was getting frustrating. I have used the laptop with dual monitors in the past, so it could explain it. I'll try the "d" version today and let you know how it goes.

Dont you ever sleep?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No not enough sleep ... :?
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

Seems to be working better, is still disappearing but no where near as often. Will look into my video settings, but it usually doesnt connect until something is plugged into the S video port. Having trouble connecting my tech edge to nistune now though, the tech edge works ok with its own software, but nistune keeps telling me its not configured.
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

ok, 9111d worked fine, still had it dropping out, but very rarely compared to earlier versions.
Checked my settings and I as said earlier, my laptop doesn't even display the settings for clone or dual monitors until something is plugged into the S video port.

As far as the WBO2 sensor goes, will not connect with version 0.9111D but connects fine with 0.9111. I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with how i configured the AUX1.CSV file, could that do it?

Tried settting it up for a GM 3 bar map sensor, works fine in tewblog. i read the manual on setting it up but could there be a problem with different version of excel for saving the file?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I am currently working on the Wideband stuff in the test releases

There is a new wideband directory entry in the File-Configuration window

Point this to the TechEdge subfolder and it should use the correct wideband files for your unit

Let me know how that goes

Currently I cant get TechEdge working in Win98 in the 0.9111 versions and was meant to be investigating that one last night but got caught up with orders so should be able to look into it tonight
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Matt this is what I mean:

The higher cells in red are hidden behind the lower cells in green/redish.

By rotating the graph 90 deg clockwise you can see now how it should be.

Make sense?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That is a problem with the drawing of polygons. I currently draw from front to back. If there is any polygon which is higher than the other it will 'block' it out

I'll put it on the list since i know about it but dont have it noted yet

For this you will need to use the unfilled map in the meantime
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

That's fine matt. It doesn't cause me issues I just wondered why it happened.

Thanks.
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

Matt. Just letting you know i found out what was causing my dropping out problems. Was a conflict with my laptops touchpad, if i disable it and use a mouse its not dropping out at all.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Let me get this straight... your laptop touchpad was causing consult to drop out??!

Maybe a probem with IRQ conflict or something. Thats very strange.

Actually on my Dell laptop, I found that the touchpad mouse scroll functionality crashes MS Visual Studio. I had to turn that off to stop it causing exceptions all the time

Thanks for letting me know anyway! If you want me to have a look at the log still when it causes it, I can see what happened to the data when it disconnected. Would be interested to see
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

Matt.

I know version .9111d came out to fix the tables not showing up on the screen
Quote:
"CONSTANTVIEW_K_DATA_POSX"=dword:00008001
"MAPVIEW_HIGH_FUEL_POSX"=dword:00008001
"MAPGRIDVIEW_HIGH_FUEL_POSX"=dword:00008001

While it worked ok for that, it seemed to have lost the abilty to connect to my tech edge lambda sensor.

Earlier versions connect ok, but then i have my tables and maps not showing up.

Just letting you know as i know you are working on the next version and just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks.