nistune and ostrich emulator?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

We recently enforced the license restrictions for the Individual vs Tuners license types. This was to ensure Individual license holders dont use the product for commercial tuning purposes

You have an individual users license enabled for emulation, which lets you use realtime capabilities on the first three address files you open with NIStune

You can do an uninstall/reinstall to reset this and then load the ER34 as your first address file to use for realtime.

What is the error message on the status line that you see, so I know where to look in the logs?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay there are issues with uploading more than one byte simultaneously. This worked in 0.9112 and broke in 0.920 onwards but not picked up until now

Comparing code changes now between those two versions and should have a fix up tonight for this
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Problem fixed and 0.9242 has been uploaded

- Tested 8 bit hardware maptracing on GTR combined with multiple cell updates and all now works okay

- Tested 16 bit emulation (note there no 16 bit hardware maptracing supported so do not tick this) on ER34 with daughterboard

It all uploads and downloads okay, and modifications stick now

I had problems getting the ER34 running tonight with two emulators plugged in but I think its some hardware issue since each emulator works by itself (EPROM in opposite socket) but not together. Confirmed same issue when uploading odd/even files indivudally with emutility but doesnt work both together

Let me know how you go with it anyway
burnin240sx

Post by burnin240sx »

i am still having issues with the ostritch. i am using an older version of ostritch, and nistune is giving me problems...

when i hit the emulator button, the bottom of the window says that it has failed to connect.

but upload/download work (somewhat)

i verified the ostritch is connected properly by opening crome and hitting the autodetect. it picked it up com5 and i was able to up and download successfully.

nistune will fail to connect, and the emulator button will turn red.

i can still download, but upload causes hiccups and limp.

attached is my log file, and also i have one suggestion:

upload/download is so confusing. crome has it listed as get/put.

Thanks Matt :)
Attachments
nistune-0324-0221.log
(827.64 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Log appears to be good. If you use the latest versions you shouldnt get the error message on the status bar (latest being 0.9265 at this time)