Nistune 0.10 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

Re: Nistune 0.10 Release

Post by bachig24u »

log player still crashes Nistune in 0.10.10 if opened and closed.

1. select VLT address.
2. select stock VL bin
3. open log player.
4. close log player.

bang. MFC error, nis crashes.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Must be something else causing the crash on shutdown. Is there a 2 second pause at all before the application crash?

Will look at the AFR logging again on 0.10.10

Will investigate with logworks having to reinstall. It should only need to register the MTS DLL once and should work after that. Sounds like its trying to re-register on subsequent installs
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

ok, added debugging tick box (windows 7).

noticed that log folder is also missing..
due to the log folder not being in the %user%/nistune folder, it seems the debugging doesn't write any debug log.

under config, log file path is correct but no actual folder created by the installer possibly?

log player starts with buttons, but button are blank (no play, rew, ff etc marked on them)
the only way to get the button markings is to start a browse then exit the browse.

the crash happens within a few seconds of closing logplayer.

edit, added a logs folder but debug still does write to it!!!

note: this was a relatively clean install. uninstall old nis, uninstall rom pack, install rom, install nis 0.10.10 reregister license details in nis.

ok, think I got log player buttons to show there markings by
1. making a 'logs' folder.
2. adding someones KA24DET log to it.
3. log player didn't crash after playing the log.

but it did crash after;
1. closing nis
2. opening nis and ignoring warnign abouts unsynced images
3. opening and closing log player.

good news is, debug finally wrote to the logs folder.
1st log is a sucessful playback of a nis user log file, probably using wrong adress and binary.
2nd log is a nis crash after restarting the app and opening and closing log player.
Attachments
nistune-0802-1615.log
(934.56 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
nistune-0802-1620.log
(19.22 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

noticed that log folder is also missing.. due to the log folder not being in the %user%/nistune folder, it seems the debugging doesn't write any debug log. under config, log file path is correct but no actual folder created by the installer possibly?
I'll check the installer. Mustnt be creating the log folder this time around
log player starts with buttons, but button are blank (no play, rew, ff etc marked on them) the only way to get the button markings is to start a browse then exit the browse
Logger is in idle mode. Couldnt create a log file to write to (because folder doesnt exist). Browse to another folder will get record mode

Debug logs are to C:\Program Files\Nistune\log normally. Should make it use the consult log path instead
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks for the log files to compare. The closing of the playback thread didnt time out on the crash log. Problem was I saw this on first log but not second log:
06:18:55.947 CConsultLogView::PlaybackLogThread() - Exiting thread
Which means the playback log is still running when the window attempts to close causing the crash. Not sure why yet so have to look into it further. Thought I had it fixed now :(
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

re: debug logs.
0.9.x they were in progfiles/nis/logs folder but 0.10.x moved them to documents/nis/logs folder.
as the .ext is different its easier to leave them in the docs/nis folder.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

when I update to the 10.9 version I had to re-install logworks and now the same with the 10.10 version. If I didn't do that the wideband wouldn't work.
I tried this today on two separate machines. One was Win7 and had logworks in the default C:\Program Files\Nistune folder and the other machine was WinXP and I moved logworks to a different folder so my installer didnt see it.

It was not necessary to reinstall logworks on either to see the Innovate MTS from the drop list or connect to the wideband units. Where do you install logworks on your machine so I can try and repeat the issue here? Do you tick 'Innovate MTS' during the installer process also?

I only copy the mtssdk.ocx file into Nistune now, there is no changes to registering MTS.DLL

Did you uninstall 0.10.9 previously? This may have did a de-registration of the DLL. Just install next version of the top. I dont think this should be an issue any more (old installers deregistered the DLL on uinstall to reverse all changes)
Now... in terms of the log player... with this version the AFR is again not appearing... I can choose it but it doesn't to the graph... it only shows the value...
Which unit are you using? I've tried LC-1 and LM-2 here in chained mode today and both are graphing on the 0.10.10 version. I think something is not registered right. Make sure you dont have any old DLLs in the C:\Program Files\Nistune folder. The installer should have removed these
under config, log file path is correct but no actual folder created by the installer possibly?
Yes the installer was updated to check if a log folder already existed and if so then move the Logs folder from Program Files folder to Documents folder. If the directory doesnt exist then it should create the log directory but its not creating if there were no folders to move. Just found the problem so fixed for next version. Create the log folder manually in the interim
log player starts with buttons, but button are blank (no play, rew, ff etc marked on them)
In 0.10.10 we now raise an error window indicating cant open log file and it stays in 'idle' mode until the log path is put to a location where log files are saved. I've updated the code today check the current log file folder is valid. If not then the default Documents\logs folder will be used
edit, added a logs folder but debug still does write to it
Log files used to be written to Program Files\Logs if the folder exists. I'm now writing that out to the Documents\Logs folder. Updated to use the exact same directory as consult log location (even if it moved) as wasnt doing that before
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

0.10.10 log player ...
i just tried to view a short log file posted on the site.

nistune was humming along barely using any processes in task manger until i started log player.

log player averaged over 80% of processor usage. this caused;
an inability to close the log player,
close nistune,
could switch to other windows programs but the machine came was extremely slow for a minute or two,
unable to draw window graphics fully or even refresh its display if windows were dragged about the screen,
log player buttons were unavailable for usage, unable to click 'stop' button or 'close'.

the log finished and the system came back to life. processes dropped to normal.
i closed log player and nis crashed as per normal after closing log player.
attached are a few logs.

Kind regards
Sime
Attachments
nis-log-processes.jpg
(99.5 KiB) Downloaded 3405 times
nistune-0807-1425.log
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 234 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

which log file were you using for playback?

still looking into the crash issue at the moment
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

here ya go. it was posted in the last few days.
Attachments
log_2011-08-06_2158_23.csv
(111.3 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

log player averaged over 80% of processor usage. this caused; an inability to close the log player
I've tried this on three machines here with that log and cannot repeat the problem. Was the file saved on a local hard drive or network share/flash drive

If it is one of the second two if there is a comms issue within windows it will freeze up the calling application. Nistune does not load the entire file into memory (to conserve RAM on large log files) and will read the device whilst playing the log. I suspect that this could be the issue

Log file doesnt show any problems. It shows:

04:28:01.930 File was opened
04:28:02.059 Completed opening file
04:28:02.143 Moved to start of log
04:28:02.516 Moved to start of log
04:28:02.720 Moved to start of log

04:29:05.798 Moved to start of log
04:31:49.924 Stop pressed
04:31:49.925 Play pressed

Normal processing between this (inside the log thread anyway) unless something else was freezing it up inside during playing. Is this behavior consistent?

Also cannot seem to be able to repeat the log crash in 0.10.10 on various machines through various running through. I'll keep trying to repeat

*Update*

Have been able to repeat the crash on Win7 if I close the logger during fast playback. This seems to be the only way on my machine. The updates are faster so it doesnt get as long to clean up before the window closes
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune 0.10.11 Release

- Add SR16VE and SR20VE VQ maps
- Added extra fixes for consult log crash issue
- Putting debug logs into consult log folder
- Use default log folders where saved folders are found to be non-existant
- Split VQ map detection into separate classes. Enable VQ map checking for Z31/R31 AFM voltage offsets
- Update installer to use 2.08.14 FTDI driver
- Update installer to create Logs subfolder
- Update installer to detect windows 32/64 bit using different flag
- Update installer to provide FTDI clean function to remove all old driver versions from system
- Fix click on log graph updates after opening log file
- Added protection against crash with undefined address entries
- Experimental VQ map auto tune added (still to test)
- Changed naming on File menu and added tooltip on image description at top

Known issues:
- Nistune implementation of 2.08.14 FTDI drivers requires Windows signing. Will not autoinstall on windows Vista/7 (manual driver install required)
- Old log files with 'Ext Knock' not recognised. Need to ignore column
- Still to investigate Innovate crash on disconnect problem
- Other minor issues in buglist
maglito

Post by maglito »

Matt,

I haven't tried it myself yet, but it appears that the ability to read two LC-1's daisy chained is broken again:

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/f ... ekend.html
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sigh... same posts on two forums. Its here also:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1171

Chaining was broken 0.10, 0.10.1 and fixed in 0.10.2
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1926&start=45

There have been no changes to Innovate code inside Nistune since it was fixed apart from no longer including the MTS.DLL file which comes with logworks in the Installer since 0.10.9

I've tested chaining works with LC-1 and LM-2 hooked up together and works fine when retesting here
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
I was just veiwing a VLT log and nis crashed after closing app

fresh W7 pro install (few days old) same hp notebook with but with an SSD sata2 Drive (why i rebuilt OS) instead of traditional hdd sata2.

installed logworks 3.07
installed latest 2.3.1. rompack
installed nis 0.10.11 and registered licencse
installed ms security essentials and did all the usual win updates.

reveiwing the same VLT log I'd made earlier today from an older nis type 1 board. left nis running whilst blogging away.
I noticed also that maf Hp values are missing this flavour of nis.

closed nis after log file finished playing and nis crashed.
Attachments
nistune-0812-2125.log
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 223 times