Nistune 0.10 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Torque

Re: Nistune 0.10 Release

Post by Torque »

Hello,

When does this error come up?
What kind of cable are you using?

nissangts wrote:Hi Matt why do I get checksum erors when I try to use stream mode? Not sure if this was covered already :oops:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Uploaded 0.10.13 release to tie through until 0.10.14 is available (current version I'm working on with translation updates, restructured menus and bug fixes - but not yet finished)
Torque

Post by Torque »

Great,
but is translation really such a priority?

Menu and GUI structures updates are welcomed (will we use the right mouse button anytime soon?)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes because some workshops are trying to push Nistune in other regions. Translation work was started about three years ago but never fully completed due to the large nature of replacing all text with tokens. There are now about 1200 text strings covering status, prompts, menus, dialogs and map descriptoions

The translation work is finished last week but there are bugs remaining and also need to fix up compatibility for Nistune running via unicode - which will mean no more Win98 support once this is done

However during time this the menus have been made dynamic, which means the frame work is in place for Most Recently Used lists and all icons have already been updated on the main title bar

Right mouse button has only just been recently added to the enhancement list, I'm still getting through the older stuff at the moment
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hi Matt,
I'm surprised that there are that many strings in there, since from my perspective there is not a lot of text in Nistune.

Is there really that much to be learned/translated in order to use Nistune?
If one does not know what fuel-map and ignition-map stands for, then I would say there not much hope anyhow ;)

You do not actually translate all the items in the address files, do you?

Sorry for being somewhat blunt, what languages are we talking about anyhow?

As for right mouse button, I think it would be logical to use it (there are many wonderful context menus to be done:))

:)

Always Software Issues!
Attachments
data.gif
(546.27 KiB) Downloaded 2310 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Have a look inside the current Translation_English.ini file which is in the current versions already. These are just the status updates.

For example if I put Nistune into French I have no idea what anything means when it displays so its not all so obvious when you are looking at different views etc without a description in the language you understand

Address files are not translated just the description entries (about 150 of them)

Currently targeting Japanese (main one) and then Russian, French, German and Norwegian which are our next biggest bases

Yes context menus are nice and will be added, once I learn how to use them. Same with property pages etc
Torque

Post by Torque »

I think it is debatable if you need a French, German or Norwegian version to improve sales.

Being European myself I know that people from these countries have very good English language skills.
With a product as yours where you target very special interest groups you can assume that people speak English!

Yes, if you put Nistune into French you have no idea, but that's only because you translated common terns into French.

I would agree on the Japanese translation, having worked in Tokyo I know that English is not commonly spoken.
But (as said) Dutch, Germans, Norwegians, Finnish, or people from Denmark have very good language skills.

Anyhow, just might thoughts on this; I just hope bug fixes, the overhaul of the GUI, and new releases will not be delayed ;)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Well its done already along with other changes and is going through testing this week

Its taken about a weeks worth of work to put in and has been requested by quite a few customers including workshops who have some limited english understanding

Wasnt planning on an overhaul of the GUI but just tweaks to the existing interface to improve where required
Torque

Post by Torque »

Fair enough :)

The Japanese market would be worthwhile ...
I think they would like the product. However the translation might be a challenge.

How about Motec and Link?
Do they offer multilingual versions at all?