R32 RB26 running witout MAF or only one MAF

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

guricha

Re: R32 RB26 running witout MAF or only one MAF

Post by guricha »

got today ford lighting AFM, its just huge !! dont know where to put :) idea is the next to remove sensor from pipe and put it in GTR cooler pipe, but what to do with size? i have 3 inch piping in all around and seems like AFM is using bigger, does it effects bat or restricts afm ? or need any calibration ?
guricha

Post by guricha »

try to connect today ford lighting maf, but as soonest i try to re size maf in nistune to ford lighting and after ticking TP load and halve values car is starting like without maf, if i just load standard map without changing mafs engine is running ok, what can be reason ?
i have installed maf before intercooler into the piping , piping size is 3 inch
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

got today ford lighting AFM, its just huge !! dont know where to put idea is the next to remove sensor from pipe and put it in GTR cooler pipe, but what to do with size?
If you change the pipe size the entire VQ map will need to be recalibrated and also injection multiplier
i have 3 inch piping in all around and seems like AFM is using bigger, does it effects bat or restricts afm ? or need any calibration ?
Turbo vehicles dont really need to worry about restriction and yes as before recalibrate
guricha

Post by guricha »

Matt wrote:
got today ford lighting AFM, its just huge !! dont know where to put idea is the next to remove sensor from pipe and put it in GTR cooler pipe, but what to do with size?
If you change the pipe size the entire VQ map will need to be recalibrated and also injection multiplier
i have 3 inch piping in all around and seems like AFM is using bigger, does it effects bat or restricts afm ? or need any calibration ?
Turbo vehicles dont really need to worry about restriction and yes as before recalibrate
Matt, Pipe size is changed from ford lighting 100mm to 3 inch pipe, so how should i recalibrate vq map ? and injectors are standard size and does it needs as well ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You will need to look at your AFRs that you were getting prior to the new AFM and then adjust VQ map point at a time until you are back to where those are