Nistune 0.9.7b

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Nistune 0.9.7b

Post by Matt »

NIStune Version 0.9.7b (EXE)
Released 31 May 2009

- Automatic gauge display depending on number of gauges
- Update logger to allow fit whole graph to single screen
- Fix for address file problem MichaS14a was having

As usual, buglist XLS has been updated on the website. I'm not seeing wideband issues, please let me know if this is still an issue

I'm looking into doing the "active test" RPM etc graphing next along with making log/graph view resizable as per an old request
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Thank you very much!!! :D
I will test it and give a report.

EDIT:

Sorry but with the new version I can not open any bin anymore. Not if I select the adress file via the table and not if I click on "Browse" and select the adressfile manually. Every time after I opened the adressfile and want to load a bin the following error appears:
Attachments
Error_opening_bin_097b.jpg
(12.1 KiB) Downloaded 2508 times
Last edited by MichaS14a on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

hmmm just found a problem, says address file not open.

due to change i made in detecting when address file is successfully opened. going to have to investigate and make a further update... stay tuned
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Hey thats funny. We found the error at the same time. :)
Sorry for the cross posting.
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

thats fine. its some memory overwriting issue i think. it only happens when runninig in 'Release mode' which is why I dont see it in debug mode where I normally work under

I'll have to pull the release down for now until this new problem is fixed
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

release is back up ... now as 0.9.7.1b

I've also added some ECU part numbers to the address list which were missing before. Was checking these against the ones generated for the new ROM image pack

I've done a bunch of testing of new ENT files into boards and then connecting to Nistune to check its all okay with the updated system. Seems to be good and if no major glitches should be ready soon to go from 'beta' to a more 'formal' release

Please let me know if log player/guages are okay here.
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Cooool! :D

Now the adressfile is loaded automatic again. :)

The resize function for the gauges works very well for me under Vista. I test it too with XP and post the results. I can post screenshots if you want.

I have to do make a new log and then I can tell if the playback works better now. With an old log it seems that the AFRs are now better analysed (min/max/average). With older versions of NIStune I have ever get the value "10.0" as min in all cells (unrealistic in the under left corner of the map :wink: ). Now it shows values as min that are more realistic. But I have to make a new log to be sure.
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There were some issues with the log recording/playback due to how the consult/wideband registers were being accessed. I found the problem after someone emailed me a log file indicating the issue

the registers should line up properly in the log files resulting in correct readouts for AFR, AUX and duty cycle
chaz

Auto gauge display

Post by chaz »

Thanks Matt,
The auto gauge display looks great on my 7" car pc screen. I almost get a full screen view of the 8 gauges that I use, so a worthwhile improvement for me.
Cheers,
Chaz
Patrol GUIII 3.0Di
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

love the new version so far... seems to have the old problem soughted on the S15..

Will be doing some logging and see how it goes then..

consult seems to be faster ???

cheers matt

chris