Just going of TPS idle the ignition drops to 5 degrees

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

John

Just going of TPS idle the ignition drops to 5 degrees

Post by John »

Hello again and yet another question from me :-)

Going of TPS idle before engine reaches approx 65 degrees the egnition drops to 5 degrees and as a result the cars runs like crap :-) any ide where i might find the table that controls this very annoying function?

regards

John
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

trying to find this one. Its called the 'warm start timing table'

We found it for the HCR32 and I've got to find it for others. Trying to get some more time off to work through these issues. That one is on my list to investigate for CA18
PL

Post by PL »

Hey John,

This may or may not be related, but I was doing some messing around with SR20 and GA16 stuff (not sure if CA is the same) and found the following:

They use both AAC and IGN timing to trim idle speed. This can really mess you up when watching IGN timing at idle but makes sense once you realise what's going on. So idle speed is actually quite important. If it goes too low the ECU will open the AAC valve and increase IGN timing. And vice verca if it goes to high. Makes sense really. Obviously target idle speed will be higher during warmup too.

I got caught out on a GA16 that was idling too high. It was pulling lots of timing out to try and decrease idle speed. As soon as I got it idling in the correct range the timing jumped back up to where it should have been.

I really should have known....

PL
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

so then try increasing your 'idle speed' table so its not trying to pull timing then?

i dont see any table with '5' in it for timing during my investigation for 65 degC coolant temp so could be on the ball with this one
PL

Post by PL »

Yeah, that's what I did with the GA. Once target idle was increased to match real idle speed the timing moved up to where it should be.

PL
John

Post by John »

PL wrote:Yeah, that's what I did with the GA. Once target idle was increased to match real idle speed the timing moved up to where it should be.

PL
I will try to adjust the target idle speed and see if I get any reactions.

The rev range for this seems to be matching up with the "Flaged" O2 cells. so once your out of the O2 feedback area the timing starts to act normal again.

Regards
John