Knock logging is NIStune Software ?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

brisz

Knock logging is NIStune Software ?

Post by brisz »

Hi Matt and all,

I have just received my registration info for NIStune, so i will probably start playing with it a bit more now, deleting and reinstalling became tiresome very quickly. :-)

I have seen this post viewtopic.php?t=589&highlight=knocklite regarding knocklite and the problem with its output speed and the ability for currently available inputs to catch its 2-10uS pulse.

What I'm interested in is if you think this product would log more successfully in Nistune via a Tech Edge WB or DLP Design A/D Converter ?
http://www.phormula.co.uk/KnockMonitor-KS-4.aspx

Thanks,

John
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It should be possible. We did have an 'external knock' register added but not currently used because of the problems with the knock lite

Use the A/D converter or wideband to feed in the input and then you should be able to graph it. The samples / sec (100/second on this device) should be able to be displayed but I would need to investigate the sampling rate into Nistune

It may miss some stuff because if we increased the sampling rate too much then the rest of the slower sampled information looks more 'stepped'

However currently it wont flag any of the existing test knock detection code because we removed the external knock sampling trigger and detection inside the software. Could always re-add it if it was viable and able to pick up all the signals