USDM KA24DE S14

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

DDS

USDM KA24DE S14

Post by DDS »

Hey there, I've heard from Matt that this will work. According to the JWT list it's a 72F03 bin (should work with 72F00 right???)

Anyways, I found somewhere that Calum had tested the jumpers and found the same R025 to R022 will switch to external ROM. Same as 95 S14 KA24DE

Just wanted to make sure this is true. Anybody done it yet?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

72F03 should be compatible with 72F00/72F01 since just a later revision (can you email me the bin file please?)

Yes R022 -> R025 is the same, just different location

However there is a trick to this one, there is an OBD-II ROM chip and the standard ECU ROM chip

They are both switched to external board using this jumper

Since Type 4 only does the ECU ROM chip and not the OBD-II ROM chip currently, the OBD-II will fail and ECU goes limp

I've sussed out how JWT do the OBD-II ROM stuff and thats now on the OBD-II Type 4 design which Pete is in the middle of laying out. Once we have that sorted and we program the FLASH chips with OBD-II code it should work then

Just waiting for the prototype to be done and we can test these out. In the meantime only the 70Fxx ECUs will work with Type 4 (upto 1995 ECUs)
DDS

Post by DDS »

Thanks for clearing that up... We ended up using a 95 Altima auto ECU with it and a pin swap has us up and running very well!

One thing I noticed with the Altima while tuning, is the AFR table shows double the actual value, ie 29.4 instead of 14.7. I tuned it with raw values and everything is fine, just dont know if you guys need to update the address file or whatnot.

Also, when I changed the last three Fuel and Spark scalars a bit higher, it started saying that NVRAM version mismatch or something.... Hadn't had this happen before, not sure if its related....

Thanks again! And once you have those boards available, count on me being ready to test several for you. This is the third OBD2 car I've converted so far :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

looks like U13 address file needs the VE flag added to it. I've fixed that up

If you get a mismatch, try resyncing the board and that should get things lined up again. Sometimes if there is a disconnect or something similar Nistune will want to make sure what you see matches the board contents
DDS

Post by DDS »

Appreciate it. When you say that you updated the file, its included with the ROM pack download or what? If not how can I get the new file.