ECU sticking 10.0 AFR, cant adjust??

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

shae

ECU sticking 10.0 AFR, cant adjust??

Post by shae »

SR20det, Z32 maf, stock injectors, hitting 115 TP load, RPM continues to climb, maf voltage continues to climb, but the TP load starts to flatline or drop down.

the biggest concern as that as SOON as I hit 114-115 TP load, AFR's jump to 10.0 and hold there. I've check the TP load limit map, its set to 255. ECU is not throwing any codes, and otherwise the car runs GREAT.

do to the fact that the ECU is holding a solid 10.0 AFR ( despite changes made to the fuel map ), It leads me to believe the ECU is going into some sort of fail safe mode. ( knock maps are also copied from the main maps, so this should not be the problem )

I have heard of someone having this same problem, and it resulted in a dead knock sensor, so I verified mine is turned on, and working.

If anyone could help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it, it seems as though as soon as the car is about to come alive, the ECU puts a stop to it.

Attached is one of my logs, showing MAF voltage and RPM rise, while TP flattens out ( this is also RIGHT where AFR's jump to 10.0 and hold )
Attachments
BASSLINE2_2010-04-24_1440_05.csv
(79.28 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: ECU sticking 10.0 AFR, cant adjust??

Post by Matt »

can see the flat line there. however you are not logging 'injection time' the next important thing to log

see if that flatlines also

I would suggest increasing your Max TPulse Width table higher as it may be pegging down your AFRs to stop them going further
shae

Post by shae »

thanks for your help map, it turned out to be a boost leak, although.. Why cant I see the option for injection time in the log view?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

its only available when you connect to consult initially. if you select it then - it will be available in the logger afterwards
shae

Post by shae »

got it, thanks!