Automatic Transmission Mapping

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

brisz

Automatic Transmission Mapping

Post by brisz »

I have a 300ZX TT Auto, the Jatco RE4R03A is electronic and gets information from the ECU via the automatic control unit on how to shift.

There are things on the market like the HKS ALC that plug in between the ECU and the Automatic control unit and help increase line pressures in the Automatic.
The HKS ALC II has been developed as a plug-in interface with factory A/T Control Unit of the computer controlled automatic transmission on the ‘90-’96 Nissan 300ZX. The ALC II is designed to maintain constant line pressure within the transmission for consistent, crisp high performance shifting. Should the pressure begin to drop within the transmission, the ALC II will signal the factory A/T Control Unit to increase line pressure and maintain it at that level.
Is Nistune likely ever to access A/T functions to allow "remapping" of line pressure signals ?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Transmission Mapping

Post by Matt »

Most likely not. At this stage I'm trying to finish up the new USB programmer firmware (we are out of stock of parallel programmers and dont want to make any more up) and half way through finishing up Type 5 (this is looking promising this time after several updates to the new USB programmer to accomodate this board)

After that there is the OBD-II board to get working for 1996-97 model vehicles and outstanding software fixes due from posts on this forum and enhancements. After that knock sensing firmware work will continue
txq45

Post by txq45 »

I've used the HKS controller and for the money I'd recommend just getting a modified valve body.
It'll do more than the HKS controller.. I also had bought a SZ transmission and after 2nd gear went out I chose to inventory the box..
BTY,, I now build them

But here's what you need to have a 600hp TT transmission
Transgo shift kit
plug check ball in rear housing
Built valve body
install shims into the 2 and 3rd servo piston
Rebuil pump
Built converter with at least 3600 stall speed ( I got both of mine from PI)

any questions email glenn@aaa-hiperformanceauto.com
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

txq45 wrote:I've used the HKS controller and for the money I'd recommend just getting a modified valve body.
It'll do more than the HKS controller.. I also had bought a SZ transmission and after 2nd gear went out I chose to inventory the box..
BTY,, I now build them

But here's what you need to have a 600hp TT transmission
Transgo shift kit
plug check ball in rear housing
Built valve body
install shims into the 2 and 3rd servo piston
Rebuil pump
Built converter with at least 3600 stall speed ( I got both of mine from PI)

any questions email glenn@aaa-hiperformanceauto.com
Glenn, would you care to comment on the NA/s13 auto trans? For a 600whp build? I'm on my third input shaft in as many years with my 3n71b....I keep bending the splines going into the converter. I can email specs and such but I think the info would be good to get out on the forums.
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

For Z32 You have this solution:
http://www.es-ab.se/ess-racing/

and for S14/13 You have this solution:
Programmable Electronic Transmission Controller
Part Number: TCM-2000
http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/tcu.php

I didn't try them personally just find these when I was giving options to one customer, but he never bought it as someone told him that he can manually change gears anyway :) and he also went over revs when NOS was started and destroy engine before we did any tuning.
txq45

Post by txq45 »

I have access to harded shafts for the RER403A/1A and the 3N71 made of 4340 ...
Also, on higher end transmissions the shafts are cryo treated..

email glenn@aaa-hiperformanceauto.com

On the NA/240 transmission (RE4r01a) using the parts list from above plus a manual reverse valvebody will do it..
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

txq45 wrote:I have access to harded shafts for the RER403A/1A and the 3N71 made of 4340 ...
Also, on higher end transmissions the shafts are cryo treated..

email glenn@aaa-hiperformanceauto.com

On the NA/240 transmission (RE4r01a) using the parts list from above plus a manual reverse valvebody will do it..

email sent