another latency/dead time question

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

sr20truck

another latency/dead time question

Post by sr20truck »

trying to find the correct latency for my 580cc red jecs injectors. searched all day and came up with nothing. might it be listed on the report here that came with the box? I can't read all the info well. I do not understand the split column in flow rate which has listed a:

.2 4D 5C 1B

spent the day carefully reading the entire mapping and tuning basics manual and I believe I need a adjustable fpr to be sure. the k with these injectors is at @35000 and a z32 afm bc264 86.5mm bore gt2835r. at first automatic adjustment k @48000 , engine floods at acceleration so down and down it went to get driveability at all. aem wideband is now wild with dipping into 19.0 lean and whipping back to the rich area as I accelerate. just toying to what I think is careful and going by logic that rich is far better than lean while "searching" the sweet spot.

no I cant get that afm any farther from the turbo and its about 8 inches away from the compressor. some suggest raising idle, I'm thinking maybe adjust the fuel cut and recovery soon as I can figure out which table is available for the red top sr20det
BlueRB240

Re: another latency/dead time question

Post by BlueRB240 »

what car are they from? denso injector?
sr20truck

Post by sr20truck »

this is 240sx with sr20det red top s13
the injectors in question of latency are jecs 580cc, red in color.
sr20truck

Post by sr20truck »

Took a shot in the dark and changed the latency to 0x5C which is about 930 and things are going better. I do hope this is a step in the right direction.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That sheet would not contain latency values in it as it only shows fuel flow rather than the delay when opening/closing the injector

You can get away with starting with a base setting and adjusting accordingly. For example the GTR injectors are about 760uS so for larger injectors I work from that.

ormally larger injectors can have a larger latency but only getting the specs from the manufacturer will get the exact figures
sr20truck

Post by sr20truck »

I found the seller of the item and he reported back to me:

Hello,

Wow, that is an OLD flow sheet lol. Looks to be about 2 yrs old. We have since changed the flow sheets to have quite a bit more info.

The dead time is .70msec @ 14v

Good luck!

Performance Fuel Injection
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay so 700uS is what you need!