Are updates to tables live?

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

pumba

Are updates to tables live?

Post by pumba »

Hi All ,
Just wondering if updates to values in the fuel/ ign tables are live???

- cause i've been uploading to ecu after everi few changes and the car stopps every time, very annoying.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes all changes are live. If you are connected to the ECU and dont notice changes whilst editing fields then something is wrong

Uploading (sync ECU-PC) should not stop the vehicle running unless there is something wrong with the maps that you currently have loaded at that time

One quick test is to ECU-PC and then change Injection Multiplier or Rev Limter and see if changes are noticable.

You only need to PC-ECU when you have loaded a file and want to upload all the maps from that or copied maps from one ROM image to the main rom image
ChauncyG

Maybe mine isn't a software issue but...

Post by ChauncyG »

What could be wrong if the table changes aren't having an effect on the system? I moved the jumper and everything per the instructions. The ohm readings are still consistent with a spare ECU that I have. Except now the readings on the CJ1 and CJ2 jumpers have swapped. This is on a SR20DET ecu if that helps. (I've read the write up on communication errors in the hardware section.)

I can retrieve and download maps to the EPROM chip and can see that's it's sending data in the bottom left hand corner of the Nistune interface.

Maybe this is a hardware issue since it seems that it's still reading from the stock memory instead of the daughterboard. Any suggestions on where to start looking?

(Posting here since the original information dealt with live changes not being reflected)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

so you have the jumper on CJ2 then?

if you remove the board the ECU should not run normally (will run limp mode) to confirm

if you change K constant or one of the limiters should be a way to confirm also its accessing the board

main way to check... are you getting a REV: 13 or similar when you connect? if so then Nistune board is active
ChauncyG

Post by ChauncyG »

turns out I was an idiot and it was a hardware mistake. rechecked the soldered pin connections and everything works correctly now.

I changed and resized the injectors and changes to the tables are updated live as well. Says Rev 12 instead of 13 but I'm guessing that's normal.

Thanks for the help.