ca18det with mods tuning starting point

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

ar99kid

ca18det with mods tuning starting point

Post by ar99kid »

hi all
i have recently finished a ca18det engine and i need a starting point for tuning. here are the mods: stock bottom, gt2876 garrett turbo, 650cc injectors, z32 maf, 255 walbro pump,colder intake, 3" single exhaust, big front ic...and recently bought nistune type 1 board and software
if there is somebody with and appropiate setup and wants to share experince for a starting point like k values,injector latency,fuel maps,timing maps etc i would appreciate the help...
the closest rolling dyno is 200miles away and i am trying to get the best ecu tuning and just finishing on the dyno. i also have a plx afr on the car so therotically i can get pretty close to good tuning with your help.
thanks for reading my post and for helping me if you can
streetbike

Post by streetbike »

first of all try just a standard rom file with the modifications for the AFM of Z32 and the 650cc dont touch at the latency

then fill all of the map with 14.7 AFR

then take a ride and test you have the correct AFR on your PLX, if it is not correct when driving, modify the K value, If correct , just stop and take a look at the AFR at IDLE, if not correct, adjust it with the lattency value.

then retry driving, you might have all good, if not modify K when driving, then lattency when IDLE.

you should have the correct setup now.

after that you will never touch this anymore, just try the other parts of nistune...
ar99kid

Post by ar99kid »

thanks alot...
i'm going with the steps that you have told...and see what you be...right now the ca18 is all the way 10.1 afr or rich ,out of plx scale
i hope that in a few days i'm going to receive the bord and the cable and then start working on the soft
thanks again