ultra cdl

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

brett_32i

ultra cdl

Post by brett_32i »

has anyone seen this???

he has listed plms as a supplier of the consult cable and will be able to access the nissan consult data.

whats next? mobile nistune?
PL

Post by PL »

I doubt we'll be seeing a "Mobile NIStune" any time soon. Just the amount of data that needs to be displayed would make it rather difficult.

What UltraCDL represents is another way to display Consult Data. Mark approached me awhile ago with his PDA based application. He originally wrote it to display the data from his Tech Edge WB AFR unit. I was very impressed with the professional look and feel of the software. Mark then grabbed a Consult cable and has started to add Consult functionality to his application. His car now has a NIStune board too.. :)

At present the Consult functionality is a bit limited but when full functionality is reached it's gonna be a very nice thing indeed. I think it'll be ideal for guys doing project cars with Nissan engines (SR20 into Datsun 1600 springs to mind...). The PDA could be permanently mounted in the dash - giving a continuous readout of Consult data on nice easy-to-read colour gauges and even real-time logging with a nice little graph. And being touch-screen controlled you wouldn't need any buttons or anything. Not unlike the multi-function display used in the later GTR's.

And having a data feed from your wideband would also allow display or mixtures and lots of other stuff.

I currently have a PDA for bench testing in my workshop - it's just a matter of both Mark and myself having the time to do it justice...

PL
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

I don't know what "ultra cdl" is but I asume it is a solution to display consult data on a PDA. If this is the case take a look at ECUTalk. :)
I use ECUTalk for a long time on my HP iPaq 5550 with good results (sensor data is displayed and logged at the same time).
Here is the website: http://www.ecutalk.com/ecutalk.aspx
ECUTalk runs on a PDA and on a laptop with the same exe-file!
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)
PL

Post by PL »

His site seems to be down at present but it's normally:

www.ultracdl.com

PL
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Thanks. Now the site is available.
But the author wants to much money for this gimmick. :?
Even if I can't display the data on my PDA so nice I use ECUTalk furthermore till my CarPC is ready to built in the car. :)
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)