Throttle Tip-in

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

msaunders

Throttle Tip-in

Post by msaunders »

Just wondering if anyone knows which map controls throttle tip in on an S13 KA24DE? I've tried "throttle open offset" 00A0 and it doesn't seem to change anything. Heard rumors of 0230 altering TP upon throttle movement but am not too sure how to add that into the address file. Thanks.
Last edited by msaunders on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Throttle Tip-in

Post by Matt »

Is this 'acceleration enrichment' or something different? what is the source information for this table?
msaunders

Post by msaunders »

In the current address file there is "increase fuel" at 0200 and "throttle open offset" at 00A0.
I have a rich tip-in after resizing injectors and tried playing with these tables with no change.

After reading this: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... fbcb111e7f

I modified the base SR20 address at THROTTLE_ENRICH_FAST_MOVEMENT,&H0230,16,1,16,1,Timing vs Temp to 0230 and removed it from the unused on S13 KA24DE to try it out.

Changing these values resulted in a change in TP as a result of TPS voltage change as noted in the above link.
In my case it helped lean AFR's on throttle tip in while moving but I still have a bog (~9.5-10 AFR) from idle if I punch it.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay have to look at that. still working through some of these tables

increase fuel = acceleration enrichment

pull that table down a bit

when you gun it (WOT) then once TPS = voltage in that table then it will use the end TP (load) column. if your end column has rich values, then those will be used

pull the TPS voltage lower and it will use the cell values where TP currently exists
msaunders

Post by msaunders »

Hi Matt thanks for the reply.
For what it's worth, I have tried putting all 0's and 255's in "increase fuel" @0200 to effectively disable the TPS trigger and it doesn't seem to change observed AFR's for fast WOT movement. The 0230 table is interesting though and has direct affect. Not sure what kind of scaling is used but from what I have observed the larger hex values appear to have most influence at idle.