Nistune 0.10 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune 0.10 Release

Post by Matt »

This wont affect the actual AFRs reported by Innovate just the min/max values used on the gauges and logging min/max used on the display

It has commas (comma separated file)
maglito

Post by maglito »

Matt wrote:This wont affect the actual AFRs reported by Innovate just the min/max values used on the gauges and logging min/max used on the display

It has commas (comma separated file)
I don't think that is correct, Matt.

0 is equal to .5 lambda, or 7.35 AFR, not 8
1023 is equal to 1.523 lambda, or 22.39 AFR, not 32

Unless I'm misunderstanding things, these two data points establish the linear relationship between the MTS data stream to the AFR reported within Nistune. Otherwise, what is the point of the lookup table?

Also, the lookup tables for innovate are STILL wrong in the 10.6 release.
DVS JEZ

Post by DVS JEZ »

This all makes sense. When i had fc datalogit running i had issues getting the logger to read correctly in relation to the xd 16 gauge. It was the wideband lookup tables were not matched.
I never actually watched the xd16 when tuning with niistune i just use the wideband input tracer and watch the laptop screen.
Will try it out tomorrow with the correct lookup tables
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I don't think that is correct, Matt.
0 is equal to .5 lambda, or 7.35 AFR, not 8
1023 is equal to 1.523 lambda, or 22.39 AFR, not 32
Most lookup tables are interpolated. Innovate MTS is not interpolated. When it hits the end number from memory jumps to the end value:

Calculations are:
input = MTS_FUNC_LAMBDA
AFR = (input data * Lambda multiplier + Lambda offset) * 14.7
input = MTS_FUNC_O2
AFR = input_data / 10

Lookup table functions not used for this. It only used the min/max values and multiplies the 0-4096 value
Also, the lookup tables for innovate are STILL wrong in the 10.6 release.
Yes I''m aware of this. The release was prepared the day before your post. This was part of my notes on previous page:
Innovate logging files (next version)
maglito

Post by maglito »

Thanks Matt.

Out of curiosity, what do most people use for widebands with Nistune? I'm getting pretty damned frustrated with Innovate. The tech edge looks interesting, and is the only other wideband that allows free air calibration. Does it communicate with Nistune digitally or via analog?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Techedge is serial communications (RS232). What issues are you having with Innovate (apart from the look up tables?). These appear to be more accurate than the Techedge according to Pete. Zeitronix gauge looks like a feature packed wideband
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

I'm very satisfied with Innovate, my working setup since 2007 (then reliable):
2 chained LC1
2 chained XD16 gauges

No so many error codes thrown out on startup, if so, switch off, restart ...
maglito

Post by maglito »

Matt wrote:Techedge is serial communications (RS232). What issues are you having with Innovate (apart from the look up tables?). These appear to be more accurate than the Techedge according to Pete. Zeitronix gauge looks like a feature packed wideband
My LM-2 seems to be too sensitive to the quality of power at my cigarette lighter. Other than that, no big issues, other than some initial setup problems with Nistune
body80

Post by body80 »

Matt wrote:Techedge is serial communications (RS232). What issues are you having with Innovate (apart from the look up tables?). These appear to be more accurate than the Techedge according to Pete. Zeitronix gauge looks like a feature packed wideband
+1 for Zeitronix
Logging boost makes tuning alot easier for me. I know exactly where each psi puts me on my load scale.
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

10.5/10.6 delta compare doesn't work b/w 2 bins (wrong value displayed for the file compared):
Nistune 0.10.5 BugCompare.JPG
(104.91 KiB) Downloaded 3334 times
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Updates to logger fit mode, and moving to ends of log files
==> what did you do exactly there ? I observed no change at all in the behaviour of FIT feature.

When leaving FIT mode, the index line doesn't stay where you put it just before in the FIT mode.
DVS JEZ

Post by DVS JEZ »

RomChip200 wrote:10.5/10.6 delta compare doesn't work b/w 2 bins (wrong value displayed for the file compared):
]
My compare works fine except for the 02 feedback temp says 305 for the compared file or even when comparing it to the same file, 305 no matter what
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

The compare function seems to be working just fine on mine.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

10.5/10.6 delta compare doesn't work b/w 2 bins (wrong value displayed for the file compared)
what did you do exactly there ? I observed no change at all in the behaviour of FIT feature
Have to have another look. Still working on the log player functionality so its not finished yet. Just an interim build with some of the fixes so people can use their widebands again
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay fixed the comparison up tonight. Fit not working properly again... looking into it