No ENT file for 82F03?

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

DI Racing

No ENT file for 82F03?

Post by DI Racing »

Hi,

We have a '98 UK market S14a SR20DET MT to which we are fitting a Nistune. The ECU has part number 82F03 but I can't see an ENT file to flash it with in the latest 2.3.1 ROM pack. The "closest" I can see are 82F01 and 82F04.

Is there another ENT file I can use without issue, or will I need one for an 82F03? If the latter case, would you like me to somehow extract the factory firmware from this ECU and send it in?

Thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Re: No ENT file for 82F03?

Post by Matt »

Use the 82F04. Last number usually is minor revision (there are exceptions here!)

Just means we havent downloaded one from this version ECU yet
johnus

Post by johnus »

You could always download your original image using nistune software before you install the board using your consult cable, /opperations/consult download. Then you could send it to matt if hes missing that image
DI Racing

Post by DI Racing »

Ok thanks. I should have checked for an ENT file before I began installation, so it'd be a bit difficult to do a factory download now. I can do though, if you really want this firmware?

Is there a list somewhere of which ENTs can be substituted for others to save me keeping my own...?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There is no list as such but in general the ECU part numbers are

23710 - Nissan ECU
2371M - Nissan ECU Remanufacturered
-
XXXyz

where
XXX - Vehicle/engine specific
y - Usually designates vehicle attributes (0=man,1=auto, 6=man later mode, 7 =auto later model for example)
z - ECU revision (upto about 6 and then it means different vehicle attributes)

Usually we can swap over anything with XXX for something else. But with some vehicles they dont like AT/MT swapped over (S13 KA24DE, B13 SR20DE, ER34)

ECU revision does not seem to matter but I tend to stick with the later ECU revision numbers.

We make sure we keep the ROM of a particular region (eg EDM, USDM) matching that hardware to avoid any potential compatibility problems
DI Racing

Post by DI Racing »

Really helpful, thanks.
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

Hi Matt, what exactly are the issues that you have found when swapping auto and manual bin files with B13 SR20DE ecus?
PL

Post by PL »

Many auto/manual bins can be swapped but occasionally you'll get caught out, so we recommend not to swap them. The 53Fxx series S13 KA24DE don't like it - they'll rev limit at 4800 rpm if you swap the bins.

I had a weird one once with trying to put a U13 SR20DET (1E000) bin into an N15 Pulsar SR20DE (1N960). This was something that the local Pulsar crew were doing at one stage because the U13 had a turbo version of the SR20 and all Pulsars were NA. Both used traditional distributor for spark. This actually worked but when I went to tune the car it would go into a weird sort of limp mode at exactly 65 degrees! If you stopped the car and let the heat soak take it past 65 degrees it would then run fine. This problem happened again cos the guy had no/faulty thermostat fitted and it would sometimes cool to 65 degrees between runs. Aarrrggh!

Moral of the story - don't swap bins around unless you're really stuck. As Matt said, swapping closely related bins is usually OK - eg: 91F01 S15 SR20DET to 91F05 SR20DET. The 91F05 is just a later version of 91F01, so they'll swap just fine. As will all of the 91F0x series.

Earlier ones seem to be more tolerant - Z32 TT bins seem to all be swappable. R32 RB20DETtoo. Just don't do it unless you have to that's all...

If you find an ECU that is not on the list please read out the bin and send it to Matt. Then he can add it to the ROM pack. We have most JDM/ADM bins but EDM bins are still turning up - because we have minimal access to the euro stuff down here in Oz!

PL
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Z32 TT bins seem to all be swappable
Except swapping EDM with JDM images for example. We found that using a JDM Z32 image in a EDM Z32 ECU cause a customer in Greece to have strange running issues so had to reprogram the board and then all worked fine afterwards

From memory B13 SR20DE are the similar to S13 KA24DE with 4800rpm early rev limiter when swapping auto/manual images