Z32 with 16bit Type 3 board problems! Car never runs right.

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

eduardo

Z32 with 16bit Type 3 board problems! Car never runs right.

Post by eduardo »

I am the official ecu tuner at concept Z performance in AZ USA, and I managed to find the solution for this problem finaly, only after we bought the base image programmer V7a.

The 16bit base files are not good in nistune rom pack. Solution to this is prior to soldering, extract the stock 64kb file from your stock ecu using "TECU" software, then select range 0000 to FFFF, this will download the whole base tune from your 16bit Z32 ecu. Then use your original base tune to flash into the board. But you need base tune board programmer v7a for this.

Matt should add a feature where one can download the base tune from his original ecu first. Because I can't seem to fin the TECU software anywhere now. Then email your stock 64kb base to to Matt for him to flash the base tune in the board that you are about to buy, major PITA.

In another words base tune has to be specific to that ecu. for example 53P00 in australia will have different base tune than 53P00 in north america. You can't run 53P00 in 53P01 ecu at all

I have no luck with USB PLMS cable. The best that works for me is old laptop, windows XP and BlaZt serial consult cable, it never loses connection and it is very stable.

We sold one 16bit nistune upgrade to one user who used a nistune rom pack to flash another bin file in it, now the board is messed up again and ecu runs in limp mode.
CoZZm0

Re: Z32 with 16bit Type 3 board problems! Car never runs right.

Post by CoZZm0 »

Any good consult software should be able to pull a full ROM, and there are several that will do it faster than those older programs. ECUTalk for one example will pull a 64k rom in about 5-6 minutes.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The 16bit base files are not good in nistune rom pack
What are you seeing to indicate this issue? Most Z32 16 bit images are supplied by customers. Each is verified that it runs in a 16 bit ECU with no limp mode on the bench
Matt should add a feature where one can download the base tune from his original ecu first.
Nistune already has this feature:
Operations > Consult Download

This will download the entire ROM image. Do it whilst the vehicle is not running if you experience disconnection issues to avoid any potential data corruption during download
Then use your original base tune to flash into the board. But you need base tune board programmer v7a for this.
Any of the base image programmers should work. They are all identical in operation but earlier ones were parallel port versions. You cannot flash in a BIN file to the Nistune board. It needs to be converted to ENT (add Nistune firmware)
for example 53P00 in australia will have different base tune than 53P00 in north america. You can't run 53P00 in 53P01 ecu at all
This should not be the case. Particular part numbers are specified for particular regions. If you suspect a corrupt ROM image let me know and provide an update and I will compare the code from both to see where the image may be corrupted
I have no luck with USB PLMS cable. The best that works for me is old laptop, windows XP and BlaZt serial consult cable, it never loses connection and it is very stable.
Is this whilst downloading or just during normal operation? What revision PLMS cable do you have? Later ones have improved noise filtering

I have a blazt cable here which was used on my R34 during a previous dyno session and it was continously dropping out. We swapped over for one of the newer PLMS cables and held the connection the whole time

If performing a download do it whilst the engine not running. NissanDataScan is terrible for dropping out during download. Nistune performs verification on its data during download.
We sold one 16bit nistune upgrade to one user who used a nistune rom pack to flash another bin file in it, now the board is messed up again and ecu runs in limp mode
If you want me to assist with that one email me the details (ECU used, ROM image used, part number) and details of how it went in limp mode
eduardo

Post by eduardo »

We just simply won't buy anymore of type 3. problem over.

I told the customer, that we are nistune vendor and now nistune product support troubleshooting hotline. I told him to join this forum and post what problem he has.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There is no actual problem with the Type 3 itself as these work no problem with other ECUs

It seems to be a few people have had difficulty with tuning Z32 16 bit + Type 3 board specifically

However not having one here and lack of enough information on the exact difficulties its quite hard to assist or round down the issue. I dont think there is an issue with the images in the ROM pack, but I can always easily check by comparing the downloaded ROM against the one in the ROM pack

If there are hardware incompatibilities between base images then we will make sure the exact image is on there.

If you can get the customer to email, post here or even call to discuss the issue then I can help them work through it