Stock Z31 boost sensor map

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Steve88t

Stock Z31 boost sensor map

Post by Steve88t »

I gave it a day for the Z31 guys to come forward. Of course they didn't.
:(

Has anyone created a map of the stock boost sensor showing the relation between voltage and boost or vacuum? Bernard had posted one for the 280zx sensor but I have verified it is not correct for the Z31 sensor.

FYI it would look similar to this:
V - PSI
0 - -20
1 - -10
2 - 0
3 - 5
4 - 10
5 - 15
(This is just an example and in no way reflects a real map)

I've got everything I need except a brass T to take measurements and create my own map. Now I need motivation to go to the store.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What you could do....

If you know that the boost output is using a gauge on existing sensor, or measuring with some other gauge inline then you could take note of the voltage (either datalog via wideband A/D input) and then plot this against actual PSI for your lookup table
Steve88t

Post by Steve88t »

If this town had a place you could actually get brass fittings then I'd be setup to make a map. My regulator isn't a real "fine" adjustment. But with some fiddling I can get close enough to make a usable map.

Every 2 psi or so should be accurate enough for now. There is no min/max limit on how much resolution I put into this map simply due to the Nistune software, correct?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

there is no limitation. we just interpolate between the points that you give the software