VQ maps

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

MartinC

VQ maps

Post by MartinC »

I am running a R33 gtr with standard airflow meters with an R32 ECU. Now I know how to get it running with the o2 sensors etc but the VQ maps are very different, but the sensors are the same?? Also the map is not smooth at all, it jumps up and down?? is this normal or should I smooth the VQ map. I know it runs better with the R33 VQ airflow map and is more responsive, but open up the map and look at it, its all over the place!!!

Anyone play with this at all?

I have also copied my R33 maps into the R32 ECU and its flat until I copy the R33 VQ map.

So the main question is for the same sensor which map is better? the 32 or 33? or is the 34 even better??

Martin.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The VQ maps should be the same from memory, since the AFMs are

Are you using an R33 address file to load the R33 ROM image with? If not then email me and I'll send you one. It looks like you are viewing a different area of the ROM which is 'appearing' to be a VQ map with the current address file you are using
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

I am using the right VQ maps, they are just different from the 32 to the 33. Same as the fuel and ignition maps are different. Next time anyone has a spare moment take a look at them and tell me which is better!!