Jumping to Knock maps for no reason .....

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

chris2712au

Jumping to Knock maps for no reason .....

Post by chris2712au »

Can we get some system like delta compare for the knock maps so we can see how far away they are from the standard fuel maps... Knock copy works well but if you want to add a little more fuel in the knock maps it is easy to loose track of where you were and then have to go through load point by point.....

also those new features can i just add them into my S15_SR20_512_E.adr file ???

thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I can do a delta between knock/regular maps for timing and fuel. Added to the enhancement list. Small change so shouldnt take long to get into a future release
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

that would be great... then again maybe I will just turn off the Knock feedback all together as it doesnt really work for me either... then again.. doesnt hurt that much to ad a little extra fuel just in case...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

PL has been finding the same thing when tuning and is now turning off the knock feedback

It may work okay for factory setups but when you start winding up the boost and modifying things the configuration all changes and it might end up thinking the engine is knocking when it isnt really

ECU ends up switching between maps all the time and makes it more difficult to tune. This is why I added an auto update feature to copy to the knock maps in case this happens whilst tuning
PL

Post by PL »

The real hassle here is that sometimes they will do more than just jumping to the knock maps. They'll also go "one step beyond" and start pulling timing below the values in the knock map. I'd understand this if a knock DTC was being produced but they'll do this with no falut codes evident.

They vary hugely from car to car as well. I've had highly tuned SR's that behave perfectly. And totally stock S15's that just won't stay on the main maps even when everything is fine!

I'm kinda losing faith in the Nissan knock detection system....

PL