afm/maf issue

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

I A Motorsport

Post by I A Motorsport »

I A Motorsport wrote:ok well this is just getting more and more odd..

ive sawped out the afm for a running gst rb25 one and its seems to have kinda done the trick... now it reardds 1.1v at idle and readds up to 3.9 so far..

issue 1
my tp seems to max out as in flat line at 88 as the afm reaches 3.6 volts then it satys there even though the afm voltge goes up..

now as tp doesnt increase it mean it stops the map from reading past a certin load point about 3/4 of the way up load...

so my quession is does the tp vrs afm need re doing ? or should i be reading higher TP as im sure here are people reading over 100tp

and how can uncheck knock sensor as its reaading 192 all the time and then randomly goes up and down as it feels .. like it gets stuck :?
Attachments
NIStune_2009-11-05_1334_52.csv
(158.69 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
I A Motorsport

Post by I A Motorsport »

the max ttpmax limit is 88 probably why its maxing there ..

but from what i can read this is only adjusted when larger injectors are used..

as im running standard injectors 370cc surly i should'nt adjust as it would cause other issues ..

or is this the max value and not affecting actual values
I A Motorsport

Post by I A Motorsport »

ok so i can move the max tp up and down the map by scalling tp .

so tp max is 88 i can scale upto 100 and move the end of the map (tp88) to the the 3/4 mark for example .. readin for eg 1cmsq per min of air

i can increase the max tp to 100 and so it then reads to the end of the map.. but it still only reads the same flow

but its doesn actually all me to go past its maximum 88 or 100 once changd is all the same .. tp wont go beond the flow that its doing ..
my afm reads over the tp by alot but tp wont go any higher

basically my afm can read higher but my tp wont alow me to have the cells o map .. how do i sort this !
Legionnaire

Post by Legionnaire »

What bin file are you using?
Cheers,
Petros Katunian
I A Motorsport

Post by I A Motorsport »

my ecu is a 44d10

s13 cadet 44f06 is the bin changed the maf to a rb25..

i have trial the 44f10 and the ignition map is worse and it runs worse..
I A Motorsport

Post by I A Motorsport »

can anyone suggest anything?..

this is costing me a fair amount to have it sitting on the dyno...

as i said .

both injector duty and afm just keep rising after tp has hit its max limit..

take a look at the log and you can see what i mean..

regards ian
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi Ian

Okay I've had a look at your logs, but I dont have a BIN file to work from so I've taken a 44F06 BIN file and just done the AFM swap from S13 CA18 to R33 RB25 AFM

If the resize scales tick box is enabled during AFM resize you get scaling:
11 15 25 33 41 48 56 66 74 82 90 94 99 107 115 131
This is a bit too high for what your AFM is actually reading

At your highest AFM reading you are getting about a maximum of TP index = 88

As you can see on your scales this is about 2/3 across the fuel map in terms of 'load'

What you need to do is have a look at Petes tuning guide in regards to rescaling. You should be scaling the fuel and ign load scales between 0 and 88 (or a little higher given that I think this is being limited... see next)

This will then allow you to cover the whole fuel map with the current AFM and stock injectors

In regards to the first graph that you posted, I've had a look over this and your TP is actually flat lining

Your TP will cut line if your 'TP load limit' is stock. Try increasing this from current values in the table to '255' for all values for now. What do you have this set to? Normally however I would expect this to cut completely, rather than hold flat

Normally when hitting Max TPulse Width will cause flat line. It is rescaled on injector resize but not only on MAF resize. Perhaps it should be since more load is being introduced. Increase the table max pulsewidth a lot higher than stock to avoid this flat line

Let us know how you go and post your BIN file so we can see what is going on and view the trace against your log files
Attachments
ia_motorsport_r33_maf_resize1_maxout.JPG
IA1
(247.23 KiB) Downloaded 2956 times
ia_motorsport_r33_maf_resize2_maxout.JPG
IA2
(243.18 KiB) Downloaded 2956 times
I A Motorsport

Post by I A Motorsport »

what is total tp maximum 2 ? do i adjust this aswell..

and when scaling this should i just raise them all by an equal amount .?

tp load limit was set to 150 and when it was lower boost cut came in nice and hard..

set to 150 no boost cut...

before when i adjusted ttp max it allowed no more actual flow just moved the readable flow up and down .. like it was rescaling it against the main map scale ..
I A Motorsport

Post by I A Motorsport »

this is the log and nbin i was using last . i have rescaled tp max and load limit is set higher than boost
Attachments
gt28 x2ext cam 44f06 mt rb25.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
NIStune_2009-11-05_2240_05.csv
(28.47 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
I A Motorsport

Post by I A Motorsport »

what you have sugested is bascially what i manged to do in the end .. i will retry with what you have said and post asap..

thanks

regards ian