How to tune for vented BOV

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

persain48820

How to tune for vented BOV

Post by persain48820 »

Pretty simple question. I have a vented SSQV and because it is vented, any time on decel or when rpms come down, my car spits and sputters. How do I resolve this issue using Nistune? Decel Loss Ratio/RPM? If so, how do I use this feature?
skyline_stu

Re: How to tune for vented BOV

Post by skyline_stu »

Easy answer. Replace the vent to air with a recirc type - you'll never consistently be able to tune it - the STFT anf LTFT bounce all over the place and never get to a steady state..

Stu
P.S. Even changing the MAF position doesn't sucessfully work..
bachig24u

Re: How to tune for vented BOV

Post by bachig24u »

A major influence to this issue are the throttle enrichment tables and TPS position.
Z32's,Q45,R31's are sensitive.

I guess ultimately its the measured air thats lost so a tightening of the bov or plumb back is sometimes the only way to stop the mass enrichment on rapid throttle closing.

Using a current design MAF makes a big difference with reversion.
A MAF that has a more shrouded design where the air path can easily travel inward but will almost miss the sensor air path when coming from the oposite direction.
HPX05 is good and in blow through it hardly suffers from reversions air flow at all, and a great way around the pain of a plumb back.

The other option is to install maf into a larger tube, it will reduce the reversion %. sorry won't help much else.