Ford Lightning MAF maxing out....?

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

meet07

Ford Lightning MAF Translation.....needs adjsting

Post by meet07 »

Im running my ford lightning maf as a blow through setup on my built rb25det with a z32 repined ecu type 2 board.... I noticed that I could hit boost when the engine is still cool like 3 minutes after running....And when the car warms up to operating temperature the car cuts out. Well I recorded a log when it was cold and when it was warm and I noticed right when it was cutting the maf was reading a hair over 5 volts..I know I cant be maxing this thing out b/c its suppose to be rated at 700hp and the maf translation maxes out at like 4400 rpm? What can I do to lower the voltage?

It shows 100% voltage at 4551?
bachig24u

Re: Ford Lightning MAF Translation.....needs adjsting

Post by bachig24u »

what size tube have you installed the MAF in?
meet07

Ford Lightning MAF maxing out....?

Post by meet07 »

I have a z32 ecu with a ford lightning maf setup for blow through. I noticed that the vehicle breaks up when the engine is warm. When the engine is cold she hits 16psi but after the engine is warm it cuts out around 8-10psi. After logging a cold run and a warm run I notice that the maf is reading really close to 5.0 volts? What needs to be done?

Setup is:
-z32 maf
-rb25det series 1
-built with 1000cc injectors
-twin stealth pumps
-3 inch intercooler piping
-freddy intake manifold
-q45 throttle body
-borg warner s366
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Ford Lightning MAF maxing out....?

Post by Matt »

Nothing really. Once the MAF hits the top end it will just use the same load value, so it at that point on the fuel map whilst the vehicle draws more load.

As long as your end load columns in fuel and timing are tuned correctly for the maximum load readable by the engine there should not be an issue
meet07

Post by meet07 »

Doesnt 5.0 volts mean that the maf is maxed out?? I dont think im making 700hp on the s366 at 16ps....? I dont get it
meet07

Post by meet07 »

the maf is bolted to a flange that is cut for a 3 inch pipe. Intercooler piping is 3 inch from turbo to throttle body...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Changing pipe size will change vq map characteristics from default. Also post you log here
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

Is the ecu getting the speed signal? I thought mine was cutting out @ anything over 14psi but I remembered that I didn't have my spedo hooked up. It totally shut my car down when the boost was set higher.
meet07

Post by meet07 »

Yes its picking up a speed signal....What else could it be? I cleaned the sensor and getting the same thing. 5.014 vlots at 5600 rpms with a TP(load index) of 55. Im starting to think that nistune doesnt like the maf or something since the turbo upgrades?? Still till this day havnt seen what she is capable of?

And when I hold a steady rpm at idle like 1500 rpms or so the AFR's are 17.0-20.1? What can I adjust to fix this? seems that the big injectors are not spitting out enough fuel?
meet07

Post by meet07 »

Can you tell me how to do that?
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

Did you adjust the K and latency? I know on mine with the SARD injectors I had to do a lot of adjustments to the K to get my A/F right. Also had to turn the 02 off and change the lower part of the map till I got it right then set the map back to normal and turn on the 02.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Turn on most of the consult parameters for logging. Switch to stream mode and connect to consult. Perform a run highlighting the issue whilst using the log recorder to take a log file and save that to disk when finished

Then reply to this thread and attach the log file saved
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

*merged topics. dont post same thing in separate places*
meet07

Post by meet07 »

BlueRB240 wrote:Did you adjust the K and latency? I know on mine with the SARD injectors I had to do a lot of adjustments to the K to get my A/F right. Also had to turn the 02 off and change the lower part of the map till I got it right then set the map back to normal and turn on the 02.
See this setting the map back to normal is what throws me off. I pretty much turned the O2 sensors off, zero'ed out all the aqua colored cells and adjusted. After that just save it and turn on the O2 sensors....
meet07

Post by meet07 »

Here is my fuel map
Attachments
cold boost 2012-02-2.csv
this is the log
(25.94 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Meet 01.bin
this is my current bin. I have made a few adjstments...The load scale isnt running all the way to the right b/c I wanted to save room for increased boost
(32 KiB) Downloaded 180 times