Nistune Beta Release 0.9.4b available

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Nistune Beta Release 0.9.4b available

Post by Matt »

This is a release after several months of work in progress. Contains bug fixes and also soon an updated address file pack

Details are on the website with what is included

Please do not download yet unless you really need the fixes. I am still putting the address file pack together (cleaning up things and checking versions etc are okay before uploading that)

If you need to use it please use the zipped address files and remove all old ones and put this in your address file folder. It will be used for the address selection pop up
Last edited by Matt on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Thank you very much for the new release.
I installed it (with the new adress files of course) and when I start NIStune there are 2 error messages and when I try to open a bin I where asked a question where I do not see what question it is. :D
NIStune itself looks very well at the moment, no problems to open a address file (new version) and a bin.

I append the screenshots from the messages:
Attachments
02 Translation Error.jpg
(14.4 KiB) Downloaded 4400 times
01 Translation Error.jpg
(15.61 KiB) Downloaded 4400 times
03 Question if I open a bin.jpg
(9.63 KiB) Downloaded 4400 times
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

One thing more I found:

If I open the AFR wideband tracer there is no more the possibility to chose between "actual", "minimum" and "maximum" for the shown values.
The good thing is: I am now able to open more then one window with AFR wideband tracer and can chose in one window the AFR an in another window e.g. the boost pressure.
Attachments
04 AFR Wideband Tracer.jpg
(141.81 KiB) Downloaded 4398 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

whooops someone forgot to include the new translation file with the release

will fix asap!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

uploaded new install pack
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

I see that there are a few updates and changes to Nistune.

So, for those who have the 0.9.3.6.1 version with the 2.0 Rom pack, how should we ( I ) do the update so it works as it should ?

Can this new version be installed over the 0.9.3.6.1 like the previous ?
How about the new ROM pack ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You can install this over the top of the previous 0.9.3.6.1 release

For the address files, completely wipe out your C:\Program Files\Nistune\Address directory and use the contents of the ZIP file in this thread instead

Use the current ROM image pack for now, the BIN files are still good and only the ENT files for Type1/2 have been updated (knock firmware) but the address files in should no longer be used with this new and future versions

I've reassigned NTLOOKUPIDs and split out the address files. If you look in the folder there are vehicle specific address files and the common parameters shared between vehicles are in a separate BASE address file

So for example S13_SR20DET_256 would use the BASE_SR20_KA24_256 address file via an 'INCLUDE' statement

When I publish a proper release version I'll include release notes documenting all this. For now I had to get it out as some people are really needing the changes in there

Also more good news... I've got B14/G20 P10 SR20DE/GA16DE ECUs working with Nistune tonight :D

Doing some more work on those address files at the moment since some of the maps in the base file are not valid
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Thanks for quick fix!
Now I don't get the error message about the translation file anymore and I can read, which question NIStune asks me. :D
It asks me if I want to merge my readed bin with a base-bin because some maps are not ok in it. After the merge and saving the bin the question do not come anymore. Everything is ok.

But there is one thing left:
If I open a log and want to show the AFR and the Boost in 3D AFR Trace window there is now the selection of "current", "min" and "max" but the values itself are not okay. For Boost it stays fix at -1.0 and the AFR stays fix at 10.00 but the values in the log itself are okay and looks good in the consult split log view.

And I have the feeling that sometimes the split view is not in sync with the main-log-window. This you can see also in the screenshot (in left upper corner shows -0.1 for AUX1 (BOOST) and the split view windows shows -0.0 at the same time.
Attachments
05 3D Trace not working correct.jpg
(360.21 KiB) Downloaded 4371 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay I'll have to look around that section. Adding the knock duty count in the wrong place in a previous version stuffed the AFR trace around becuase only a subset of registers is used for the AFR trace

I reordered those registers so the AFR trace ones were together but must be another problem.

I'll have another look over it this week
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Okay, thank you again!

One thing to the same issue:
If I select AFR and Boost in "Operations - Select Display Gauges" there are also no Updates to the needle as the values itself are updated.
Perhaps this helps to find the bug.
Attachments
06 No update of the needle.jpg
(68.54 KiB) Downloaded 4365 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

another issue is with HCR32 and Z32 address files. the maps are in different locations and address files need to be updated. dont use for these ecus yet
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

I just done the update to the software etc.

Didn't had the time to connect the laptop to the car yet, but I tried reading a log and I noticed that the injector duty doesn't show anything... it's always 0 in the graph display and gauges display.

ECU type is a type1 S13 ca18det
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

more updates to address files. HCR32 fixed. Z32 was fine. B14 updates made
Attachments
april_address_v3.zip
April address files update
(61.97 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

did you tick the injector duty cycle in the consult display registers window?
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Matt wrote:did you tick the injector duty cycle in the consult display registers window?
"Injector duty" is ticked but not shown as there are no space left for so much gauges. The maximum of 12 gauges is shown as: RPM, MAF, Temp, O2, Speed, TPS, inj time, Timing, AAC, AF Alpha Learn, AFR and Boost.
If I delete e.g. TPS and AAC so that Injector duty fits in, there is no change in the behaviour: No Updates at the needles from Boost and AFR, only the values itself are updated.

Another thing is sticking out: Last year I have a AF Self Learn of round about 130-135. Now in the new saison it is fixed at 100 the whole time since I began to drive.
I have nothing changed: the same injectors, the same MAF and the same map. The only thing I change is to build in NIStune and burn the old map in it (I used a new ECU for NIStune of course!). Everything runs fine for now but I asked me why there is no change at AF Self Learn even when I drive hard at the motorway. At all other S14 I have seen there is at least a little change at the AF Self Learn depended on the driving situation.
Above all this means that I now drive to fat as not 100 but 128 is in the middle but this not match with the logged AFRs. These are very well.
Attachments
07 AF Alpha Learn every time at 100.jpg
(36.82 KiB) Downloaded 4354 times
Last edited by MichaS14a on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:06 am, edited 4 times in total.